Warm comfortable and quiet room. Plenty of toilets and showers, large kitchen and lounge. Short walk to town. All in all a good hostel experience. But the best part was the friendly accommodating host Bill. Thanks for being awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated in the heart of Halfmoon Bay, we offer friendly, comfortable and clean accommodation at competitive prices 365 days a year. We also have a huge camping area! Picture Vicki has lived on Stewart island for nearly 10 years and is passionate this unique and beautiful part of the world. When the opportunity came to run the backpackers, it was a no brainer! She is also the scary Quiz lady at the renowned Sunday Night Quiz at the South Sea Hotel! Whether you are here to walk, fish, hunt, see the wildlife or just relax, we're open 365 days a year, any help you need; just ask! We offer: Crisp, fresh sheets on every bed along with a pillow, duvet and blanket No bunk beds and a maximum of 4 people per dorm room Well-stocked kitchen Laundry Great sunny, flat tent sites (although we can't always guarantee the sun!) Recycling Booking service for Stewart Island activities including Ulva Island FREE WIFI voucher on check-in FREE DVDs to watch FREE awesome Bookcrossing Shelf FREE jigsaws to do FREE Guitar to use FREE Local Phone calls (Inc Invercargill) FREE BBQ use FREE luggage storage FREE Hairdryer/Iron/Alarm Clock/Hair Clippers to borrow FREE Bedrolls to borrow when camping ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Stewart Island Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stewart Island Backpackers Hotel Stewart Island
- Stewart Island Backpackers South Island, New Zealand