“Rakiura Kayaks”

Te Anau, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rakiura Kayaks”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I went on a kayak trip with this company in Feb with my sister. It was awesome and great value. I haven't done much kayaking before but the guide was lovely, friendly and informative and as it was only myself and my sister booked he made the trip to suit us perfectly. The wildlife was out and we were able to get very close. It rained a little bit but as we were provided with wet weather gear this didn't bother us at all. I think this is the best way to see Stewart Island and would recommend this company to anyone. Thanks Rakiura Kayaks for an amazing experience.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kelly A

Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fascinating trip around Stewart Island”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I wanted to get out on the water and this company was recommended to us by our hostess, Raylene Waddell, at Glendaruel. Bronwyn and her partner Dell purchased the business a while ago and are expert at knowing the coastal waters. They offer several levels of kayaking tours and rent the kayaks out if you want to go on your own. We chose an evening cruise which took us along the shoreline and out to another small island, where we had tea prepared by our guide, who was very knowledgeable about the birds and seals that we encountered in coastal waters. We enjoyed the tour very much and would recommend it to anyone who has similar interests.

Visited March 2012