We stayed three nights at the Alpine view motel, with no view. We "enjoyed" the 60's atmosphere of the rooms. It was clean, but really too expensive for the minimum services that were offered :
- The customer had to make a special request to have the beds made. It's quite amazing for a room at 145 NZD/night.
- We also found curious the fact that the bathroom was not cleaned on a daily basis.
The welcome was friendly but they could make an effort to renovate the rooms that are really old-fashioned.
They should reduce the prices to maintain the comparison with other hotel rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpine View Motel is situated in a quiet location 150m from the lakefront of Te Anau. The main shopping Center, Restaurants, Movie Theatre, library and Sports Stadium are a 5 minute walk through a lovely park. We offer a selection of self contained, warm and comfortable studio, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom units with King, Queen or Single beds and have lake view and access units also available. Wireless internet is available in each room. We provide 12 channels of Freeview and Sky TV. We have a spacious guest's laundry with a free internet kiosk available in the laundry only. We have a great children's play area complete with trampoline (in ground), see-saw, swings, slide and a big climbing castle as well as a huge field for cricket and other activities. A guest barbecue and spacious gardens will entertain the adults while the children are busy at the playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Alpine View Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.