“The BESTEST lunch”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Te Anau
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Came back from Doubtful Sound trip at midday and feeling really famished! I discovered Sandfly Cafe on TA and its raving reviews really got my attention so off I went.

The cafe was not busy at the time. I was served by a friendly waitress. I asked what's good in the menu and she happily said 'All of them is good' HAHAHAHA
Well she's damn right cos all of the food in the menu did sound really good and how I wish I could try them all.
In the end, I ordered sth very different and new. I had the corn fritters served with salmon, spinach and sweet chili sauce. And also capucinno.

OMG...the corn fritters were SOOOO YUMMMY!!!! It just made me drool and smelled divine! Great portion and the coffee was so fragrant too. It was a beautiful day, sun shone strong and the food tasted even better. Reminiscing my experience while at Doubftul Sound while sitting at the cafe made me feel so relaxed and made the day even more perfect.

Do come to this cafe for a bite. They also serve great breakfast. YUMM!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A real find in Te Anau. Best coffee so far in NZ and fantastic fresh healthy food - the corn fritters are to die for, and partner says 'the best steak sandwich ever'. Highly recommended if you find yourself in this remote but really nice little town.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We are locals and go out for coffee/ brunch/ lunch regularly. The Sandfly is consistently excellent, friendly staff, a great range of menu and cabinet food including gluten free options and makes the best vanilla latte I have had anywhere in NZ!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped in here for a quick snack before our drive to Milford Sound. Their brownie was definitely the best option we could have chosen for the day. It was a dense, berry filled, and crunchy option that hit the spot as we nibbled on it throughout the rest of the day.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Sweet little local cafe where the food is good and the best coffee for miles. Had the sweetcorn stack with smoked salmon and am still thinking about it…but the muffins are super Texas size and lasted for lunch afternoon tea and breakfast the next day !