“Friendly small group tour at a great price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Full-Day Milford Sound Extraordinaire Tour from Te Anau
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Te Anau
More attraction details
Owner description: Fiordland Tours Milford Sound small group Coach & Cruise.We maximise your opportunity to capture one of the finest alpine drives in the world in a unique and unhurried way.Our leading small boat operation gives you a chance to see Seals, Dolphins and Penguins with an in depth, fun commentary about the rich history of Fiordland.We do personal pick-ups from your accommodation. Departs Te Anau 9-00am Returns 6pm
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Friendly small group tour at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I would highly recommend this company. I had a fabulous day, with only 5 of us on the tour, and Alan as our guide. I originally booked the standard tour then upgraded to the 'extraordinaire' tour at a discounted price because there were insufficient people during the off-season to run both tours. Ray was really good about communicating with me via email and everything fell into place perfectly. I was pleased I did the longer tour - more time to see in detail some of the beautiful sites along the way. The journey to Milford Sound is as spectacular as the sound itself, so it would have been such a mistake to rush this in any way! I had plenty of time to stop and take zillions of photos (which is often a problem in the larger groups). The boat was beautiful and again uncrowded. Lunch was lovely. I can't think of a better way to get to Milford Sound and back, and was very pleased I stumbled across Fiordland Tours online, rather than going with the crowds. I'd have absolutely no hesitation recommending these guys.

Visited April 2014
fiordlandtours, Owner at Fiordland Tours, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for the nice review about our small group tour. We are pleased you enjoyed the opportunity to take lots of photos. The "Extraordinaire" tour is unique to "Fiordland Tours" and we are pleased that you went on this tour as it captures a piece of everything, including the delicious home baking for morning tea.

Mountain View, Hawaii
“Look no further”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Truly an experience worth your time and money. My wife and I went on tour with Alan the day after we got back from doing the Kepler track. Hands down the best tour I've been on, heard about or seen in operation, and we come from a place with loads of tourism (Hawaii). We were a tiny group of 8. Alan was absolutely remarkable!! I've never experienced a more reverent, passionate and sincere guide -- extremely knowledgeable, charming, and witty with deadpan humor. Alan had me rolling on several occasions. I really wanted to spend more time with him just to feed off of his deep personal connection to New Zealand. His love and respect for the land really resonated with me. I simply had a great time.
Also, it was awesome to arrive at Milford and board the smallest boat in the harbor with only about 25 people on board. The captain took the boat under a few waterfalls just for fun too. We did far more than the larger companies.
These guys are an ideal example of what a small, private tour company can deliver. Seriously, don't shop around and hesitate. Just be secure with the knowledge that you'll be gone all day, see awe-inspiring sights, be regaled with a wonderful historical narrative, and have a magnificent time. I'm so enthusiastic that I'm sure I sound paid. I can assure you I am not. I typically don't like to travel and experience places in this manner but I was utterly taken aback at how great I felt all day.
Thanks again, Alan!! I hope we can slug a few beers together when I return at some point. Cheers,
Brandon

Visited March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review about our Milford Sound "Extraordinaire" tour.
We are pleased that the "Extra" lived up to its name and you appreciated what we had to offer.
You have really appreciated Alan's passion and dedication to delivering a memorable day for you and we really appreciate your nice comments.
We look forward to you returning one day and "slugging" a few beers with us in Te Anau.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only way to properly tour Milford Sound”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Wonderful tour with a tour guide that genuinely enjoys telling people the most interesting stories and facts about this beautiful land. Ray's attention to detail is what really makes this day special. (even offering to babysit for 15 mins while we went to see some waterfalls!) My daughter was particularly delighted when Ray presented her with an improvised first birthday cake with a candle stuck on a muffin. He really went to every effort to make sure this tour would be the most memorable experience of our trip. You will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
fiordlandtours, Owner at Fiordland Tours, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for the lovely review of our personalized tour to Milford Sound.
To say " the most memorable experience of our trip." is so much appreciated.
Small children have a habit of going to sleep at the wrong time, and we are only too happy to help out during these times.
Alexandra, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only way to see Fiordland and Milford Sound!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a wonderful visit to Fiordland and Milford Sound, what really made the trip was our tour guide Ray's knowledgeable commentary during the drive. He was amazing at pointing out all of the beautiful surroundings as we drove by, and making sure that we had plenty of stops to take it all in and take photos.
The tour itself caters for smaller groups, that made for a more intimate experience where you could really enjoy what you were seeing and doing, rather than being crowded by large groups.
Ray was also very good at finding us places to stop where it was just our small tour group so we could all enjoy the area without battling the crowds.
All in all a fantastic experience and highly recommended to all, many thanks to Ray again for providing such a wonderful adventure.

Visited March 2014
We appreciate your wonderful review and the time you have spent to write it. Fiordland Tours go to places that the other tour operators miss out on because of our group size and small coach.
We are pleased that you enjoyed our peronalized service.
Gold Coast, Australia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 356 helpful votes
“Absolutely outstanding service and tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a day out with Ray. He was excellent... a real gentleman with a million stories about the area and history. You can tell he loves what he does and he will go out of his way to ensure that every guest has a great time. There was about 12 on our tour... an ideal size. We went to numerous special places with great photo opportunities and went for a 2 hour cruise on a small boat (ideal size) on Milford Sound. He was also a very safe and careful driver. It was great value, interesting and also a lot of fun and laughs. This is our idea of a great day out! 5 stars

Visited March 2014
It is great to here that you enjoyed our small group tour to our majical place in the world (Milford Sound)
You have appreciated our attention to detail and for this we say "thank you"