“Weather bad good place to hang out”

The Moose Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Te Anau
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family friendly restaurant and bar located on the shore of Beautiful Lake Te Anau. We have it all, from an exciting kids menu to a whole range of styles of our signature dish - The good ol' steak! Whether you chose to sit in our fantastic beer garden and enjoy the sunshine while watching the sailing boats on the lake, or to join in the atmosphere while cheering for your team on the big screen, or to have a flutter on one of our 2 TAB machines, or dance the night away to one of our many live music acts - there's something for everyone, here at the Moose.... It's everybody's local!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Raining and there was nothing to do so we played pool and drank beer. Lots of TV's with sports and gaming machines.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great bar with huge excellent meals and friendly atmosphere. Always call in here and spend more time than we should. Great location with lake views from beergarden.

MikeMooseTA, Manager at The Moose Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Glad you had a good time here and that you appreciate those amazing views as much as we do!

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure if this place just underwent a management change, but it sure did seem that most of the staff was new. The bartender made me a Long Island, but spilled some of it and told me "I hope it's good." It wasn't, despite the fact that it was $20. We waited for an hour for our food, during which we never saw our waiter. Just before our food arrived, another group angrily told the manager that the food was unacceptable and that they were leaving. My friend's steak was very tough and fatty; she spent a good deal of time trying to cut it. The quality of the food was not even close to the price. I took the manager's card on the way out and will be contacting him.

It is really disappointing to hear such a negative review when we work so hard to make this a nice and friendly bar and restaurant.

We don't often get complaints, but if there is a mistake then we will do our best to correct it if it is pointed out at the time.

As yet, I haven't heard from you regarding these issues but if you have 2 minutes to give me a call and let me know what date you were here and I will make sure this is followed up.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went for dinner. Young waitress who was very helpful and friendly. Meals quickly prepared and were very tasty.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We went here three or four times. Twice I got t-bone steak, both times excellent. Also the chicken schnitzel was very good. They made a nice irish coffee, not on the menu, for my fancy girlfriend. My buddy and me drank beer, which was cheap during happy hour and reasonable out side of that. Seating is good, tables and cool booths in the restaurant section.