My husband and I stayed here for 1 night after our trip to Milford Sound during the day. We booked it through the Entertainment Book so got a great deal of only $117, so for that price we thought it was value for money. We stayed in an upstairs double hotel room and found the room to be all you need for a 1-night stay - clean and comfortable. It wasn't as shabby as what I was expecting. It's close to the lake, which is nice, but we didn't head down there.
- One of the furthest places from the restaurants/ cafes. You can still walk there but in the rain we decided against it. Had it been closer, we would have just donned our rain jackets and headed out.
- Very limited parking - this was very frustrating for us as we had to park our rental car on the back street - security issues.
- Another parking problem - there were about 3 incompetent drivers who parked over 2 spaces each in the main car park (which is already very limited) and when I told the guy at reception this he just said that they didn't provide their car rego details (which everyone does on check-in anyway) and couldn't do anything about it. Ah, how about tow their car away! Or put a note on their window! Or, if you have a speakerphone, tell them to move it immediately!
- To get through the property, there is only a one-way lane. My husband managed to drive around in the morning to the car park (lucky there was 1 spot available) so we could easily load our luggage in, but when leaving a massive tour bus full of Asian tourists (which the hotel caters to quite heavily) was in the way of the exit. The driver wouldn't move forward so we could get out with enough room. The hotel needs to direct these tour bus drivers to pick their guests up on the street where there is plenty of room so as to not inconvenience other travellers.
Overall, I probably would stay here again as the room represents value-for-money, but would be wary about what time f
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Hotel Complex located on the shore of Te Anau Lake, within walking distance of shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kingsgate Hotel Te Anau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsgate Te Anau
- Te Anau Kingsgate Hotel