“Oh the majesty”

Fiordland National Park (Te Wahipounamu)
Book In Advance
US$137.26*
and up
Full-Day Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park Tour including Milford Sound...
US$35.08*
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Oh the majesty”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Such a majestic place. The boat cruise took us all the way to the opening of the fjord looking out towards the Tasman Sea. We saw seals, waterfalls, and our boat tour included lunch and hot coffee and tea to keep warm. I can see how this place earned the title of 8th wonder of the world.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“So many different ways to see Fjordland”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The national park is enormous and has numerous walking tracks. Some of these are multi-day walks but have easily-accessible entry points at different locations, making them suitable for shorter walks that still give you a great view of the rugged scenery available.

The trip to Doubtful Sound includes a coach trip over the Wilmot Pass that offers a great view to those who don't fancy hiking for several days to see the more remote sections.

Some of the prettiest sections of the Kepler Track are easy to get to via car and can be seen with a short walk along the river.

Regardless of how you get to it, take a camera - so many opportunities for great photos.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Mikey0308
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“a place of harmony.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

You could spend weeks exploring. Many attractions, hundreds of hiking tracks and hundreds of equipped mountain huts. Paradise for hideaway and nature exploring. Defintely topic for separate trip - fiordland only. Loving it and defintely will come back

Visited November 2013
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great staff”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I arrived at this centre on my way to starting the Milford track. I had booked busses, ferry and huts but had no booking confirmation with me and this was required for my trip. The staff were so helpful, calling each service to check I was booked and let me know everything was ok. I overheard them doing something similar for another group of travelers. The staff were genuinely caring and helpful and this level of service was provided by all the staff I encountered on my trip in this area. I could leave my bags here and explore town while waiting for the bus and they gave me a map and directions - the whole area is beautiful.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
306 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 828 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We passed the rugged mountain terrain past Te Anau on the shores of the largest lake in the South Island. This is a Journey through the Southern Alps and along the picturesque Eglinton Valley, a place of ancient alpine forest with thousands of gushing waterfalls and one of only a few road-accessible glacier valleys in New Zealand.
To start with we got the rain, mist and smog but then out came the sun then it was stunning, the mixture of sunny and rainy weather made it spectacular. Our tour bus stopped for brief walks at Mirror Lake, The Chasm a short walk over footbridges spanning a series of swirling waterfalls and at the Monkey Creek which was good place for pictures and we stopped to fill the water bottles at the fresh water stream which tasted really good.

Visited February 2014