“We had wonderful time on Takaro Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Takaro Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Te Anau
Takaro Lodge
Hamburg, Germany
“We had wonderful time on Takaro Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I spent 5 weeks on Takaro Lodge during the Christmas and New Year. What can I say, this lodge is pure peace. If you are looking for a place where you can let go of stress and pressure of busy city life, this is a place to go. Takaro Lodge is a wonderful mix of classic and modern. In one way you are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded with forest and wild animals (from a safe distance :-), but at the same time you are served with luxury services and living in a modern apartment which can go neck to neck with any 5 star hotel room.

We did a lot of trips and walks in the area, the possibility of exploring are endless and you will never be bored, every day the wonderful crew will figure out something new to do or visit.

And on those days when we didn't feel the need to go somewhere, we just chilled around the lodge and enjoyed glass of wine next to the fire place. It's just perfect.

Room Tip: They have special 5 Elements chalets, ask Takaro staff for an element analysis, so they can fit you...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Johnyqi
phenomena_12, Front Office Manager at Takaro Lodge, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Hi,

We are delighted that you got so much from your time here and the decision to extend your Retreat was worthwhile. We feel that whatever our clients and guests invest in their wellbeing it is repaid in the results they achieve in their energy levels and ability to focus on their goals and achieve better than ever business results. You really made the most of taking time to relax and balanced it well with joining in our activities. Please feel free to contact us at anytime to ask about our programs for 2014/15. It was a pleasure to have you both staying and we look forward to welcome you back again next time.

Thank you on behalf of the Takaro Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

That was my the best holiday ever! After leaving crowded city and work behind, from the moment I lended on New Zaland that immense peacefulness fulfilled my mind, body and soul. And Takaro Lodge made that experience even more intense. Oh my...that's really Heaven on Earth...special energy, beautiful nature, organic food, warm people, peace, peace, peace...
I returned home recharged and revitalized and looking forward to repeat this experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Eve S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Beautifull and peacefull scenery, perfectly located schalles nicely equiped, great service, food freshly picked from organic garden. For me amazing experience, after which I felt peacefull and enerigzed, ready for new challenges.

• Stayed March 2013
9 Thank momejec
Osjek, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I recently stayed on an Individual Retreat near Te Anau in Fiordland where I joined a small group for my 10 days programme. It included special life classes, morning exercises, daily spine massage, organic meals, lots of herbal teas and relaxations plus some sightseeing and excursions. I loved shopping in Queenstown and the Cruise on Lake Te Anau to the Glow Worm caves.

I feel my health has improved and my husband says I look really good now and I know I feel better and younger as a result! I had really looked everywhere for something like this but not found it before, it was worth travelling so far. thank you so much to Takaro

Room Tip: They will choose the room for your according to your birthday and it will be what you need for quick...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank LiliS2013
zagreb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Coming to New Zealand was a completely new experience for me coming from Europe but nothing can be compared with coming to Takaro Lodge.
The nature I felt at Takaro Lodge was the purest and the cleanest I have ever seen. Mountains which surround Takaro Lodge are magnificent in their grandeur
and the river is crystal clear.
I was overwhelmed with energy of nature during my stay.
All the landscapes around Takaro Lodge is breath-taking and inspiring, so it was
a special experience of peace and harmony of the untouched nature surrounding the Lodge where I stayed.
I liked the fact that there are no roads or traffic that could break the complete silence.
Hotel is consisted of the chalets which are very comfortable, and food that was served is organic and well-balanced. Most of the food prepared is from the garden of the Hotel which has the Organic Certificate and the cook prepares their own tofu and bake their own bread. I tasted some great herbal tea from their garden.
Staff of the hotel are peaceful and relaxing.
We took some exciting trips to see the Caves and the Fjords with the boat.
Every day I have especially enjoyed long walks around the lodge, and looking at dears who would gather in front of my lodge early in the mornings.
I found Takaro Lodge a great place for complete rebalance of my organism and I will definitely next time come with some of my friends.
Branka M

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank brankam655
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We came to Takaro to take a rest and spend some time together as a group, that is not possible during our busy schedules in Auckland! We had work to do but the facilities are great with wifi and office space at the main lodge, it was all made easy. Takaro is so beautiful and peaceful and the private chef catering provided delicious Asian Pacific food too. We all really enjoyed our chalet, fresh air,walks after dinner, everything was very relaxing - it's an easy flight to Queenstown, and amazing journey, we will be back again for sure

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Vivian D
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I took my group to a Takaro Rejuvenation Retreat for a relaxing, team building, and training experience. As a Director I seek peak performance and maximal efficiency in everything I do - and that includes my time away. It requires a greater investment, but I know from previous attempts that most transformative experiences occur for me far away from home. Takaro delivered by providing an unobtrusive base for developing our programs. Whilst we worked in the main lodge meeting room, the kids were entertained outdoors. The private chef was really excellent - South East Asian cuisine - and was able to cater for the special dietary requirements of the kids, who enjoyed the food too, and even got to collect their own eggs from Takaro's own farm! Our element chalets were simple and comfortable, with super bathrooms and a Feng Shui'd modern, natural style I really liked... They had set the rooms up so the nanny and the youngest child could be together. I slept so very deeply. And I loved the mornings. Exercises, fresh air and the incredible panoramic view. We made the most of the local Golf course, as most of us are avid golfers, getting lots of practice whilst enjoying the lake and its views. We also took the Glowworms trip, which the staff kindly organise along with other trips they set up for us - and otherwise spent long sunny evenings walking and enjoying this exceptionally rejuvenating space. Overall, we made lots of breakthroughs and realisations during our peaceful/ healthy and creative inducing team experiences - and we will be back for sure. Thanks to the Takaro team for making it a memorable - and fruitful time.

Room Tip: The chalets are all peaceful, comfortable and have breathtaking views. Anyway, because they use Feng...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business