Takaro Lodge
Lakeside Motel & Apartments(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$95
Bella Vista Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$111
Arran Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
Hotels.com
Aden Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$94
US$179
US$140
Travelocity
US$175
US$161
Agoda.com
Parklands Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hotels.com
US$182
US$175
Travelocity
Te Anau Lakeview Holiday Park(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$42
Agoda.com
Edgewater Motel(Te Anau)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$90
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed everything about the stay at Takaro Rejuvenation Retreat - it’s a long way
to travel from Europe but so worth it, it fulfilled every promise to rejuvenate me!
The helpful staff taking care of me, the organic wild game and fish and the healthy
oriental meals, herbal teas and those morning exercises on the front lawn at sunrise
were spectacular. I really recharged in that mountain air. Everyone took advantage
of the activities included with a hike on the Kepler, Milford Sound, Te Anau Glow worm
cruise and Queenstown shopping . The lodge is beautiful and my room was perfect and
the experience was world class.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Mladi
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I spent 5 weeks on Takaro Lodge during the Christmas and New Year. What can I say, this lodge is pure peace. If you are looking for a place where you can let go of stress and pressure of busy city life, this is a place to go. Takaro Lodge is a wonderful mix of classic and modern. In one way you are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded with forest and wild animals (from a safe distance :-), but at the same time you are served with luxury services and living in a modern apartment which can go neck to neck with any 5 star hotel room.

We did a lot of trips and walks in the area, the possibility of exploring are endless and you will never be bored, every day the wonderful crew will figure out something new to do or visit.

And on those days when we didn't feel the need to go somewhere, we just chilled around the lodge and enjoyed glass of wine next to the fire place. It's just perfect.

Room Tip: They have special 5 Elements chalets, ask Takaro staff for an element analysis, so they can fit you in a chalet which suits your elements the most.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Johnyqi
phenomena_12, Front Office Manager at Takaro Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Hi,

We are delighted that you got so much from your time here and the decision to extend your Retreat was worthwhile. We feel that whatever our clients and guests invest in their wellbeing it is repaid in the results they achieve in their energy levels and ability to focus on their goals and achieve better than ever business results. You really made the most of taking time to relax and balanced it well with joining in our activities. Please feel free to contact us at anytime to ask about our programs for 2014/15. It was a pleasure to have you both staying and we look forward to welcome you back again next time.

Thank you on behalf of the Takaro Team.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

That was my the best holiday ever! After leaving crowded city and work behind, from the moment I lended on New Zaland that immense peacefulness fulfilled my mind, body and soul. And Takaro Lodge made that experience even more intense. Oh my...that's really Heaven on Earth...special energy, beautiful nature, organic food, warm people, peace, peace, peace...
I returned home recharged and revitalized and looking forward to repeat this experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Eve S
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Beautifull and peacefull scenery, perfectly located schalles nicely equiped, great service, food freshly picked from organic garden. For me amazing experience, after which I felt peacefull and enerigzed, ready for new challenges.

• Stayed: March 2013
9  Thank momejec
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I recently stayed on an Individual Retreat near Te Anau in Fiordland where I joined a small group for my 10 days programme. It included special life classes, morning exercises, daily spine massage, organic meals, lots of herbal teas and relaxations plus some sightseeing and excursions. I loved shopping in Queenstown and the Cruise on Lake Te Anau to the Glow Worm caves.

I feel my health has improved and my husband says I look really good now and I know I feel better and younger as a result! I had really looked everywhere for something like this but not found it before, it was worth travelling so far. thank you so much to Takaro

Room Tip: They will choose the room for your according to your birthday and it will be what you need for quick recovery.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo