Bella Vista Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsmilford soundtown centrequeen studioshort walkon arrivalnew zealandglow worm cavesquiet locationthe main streetour night staygreat accommodationrestaurants and shopsfree wifitwo nightsspa batha great place to stayreal journeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2009

The room we stayed was a studio unit, was small but acceptable for 2 of us. The room was new and clean, and heating adequate. Was quite impress with the heating unit in the bathroom, keeps the bathroom warm. Most older motels' bathroom is freezing and taking a shower is definitely not a lingering affair. For asian used to much warmer climate, adequate heating in rooms is a must-have.

The paid internet service is reliable and fast, again a big plus for us.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2009

The studio room we booked was slightly cramped with a single and double bed, a microwave, some utensils and a TV. The motel is not located on the waterfront, which would be preferable given that Te Anau was pretty hot at the time we went (Feb 09). Further, the motel is a good 10-15 min walk from the city center/departure point for Real Journeys glowworm cave tour, so staying closer to the city center would also be certainly preferable if you prefer not to walk too much.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I would recommend the Bella Vista if you're looking for a nice, clean, comforable and warm hotel room with no frills and fuss.

They appear to have strictly no check-in before 2pm so just be aware of that. I was very surprised because there wasn't that many people staying there and probably should have made an allowance for me (it was 12.30pm when I arrived) but it was made impossible because the person wasn't even there. I thought the man on reception could have generally been a bit nicer on the whole as I found him a bit unattentive during check-in and check-out, but nothing really terrible, just a bit odd.

Overall I was very happy. There was no road noise and I wasn't impacted by other guests, parking was free and I thought the location was good... close to the main area but not too close.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Was everything we had previously experienced from Bella Vista'. Clean and as-you'd-expect rooms, professional and helpful staff.

Ideal for a one nighter and perfect for setting of to see the unbelievable Milford Sound.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2009

The Bella Vista Motel in Te Anau is a very great value, high quality motel. The reason that I don't give it five stars is that it doesn't have the "upscale" feel that some other places offer, but I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for a clean, well-maintained place to stay. The rooms that we were in were of a good size, and ours had a well-stocked kitchen (with range, oven, microwave, etc.). The service at the front desk was great - when we checked in, she gave us a number of recommendations for restaurants in the area and helped us book the evening and next day's activities. Te Anau is extremely small, so everything seems to be within walking distance - The Bella Vista was a block off of the main drag.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends