“On of the best top 10 in NZ”

Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed in new Zealand in 5 weeks in a campervan. We really remembered this Place. So Clean and fresh. Looked new to us but i don't know if it's just renovated. The staff helped us with Everything even though they were closed. Would really like to come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TeAnauTop10HPark, Public Relations Manager at Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Caroline,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time after your holiday to write such a fantastic review on our Trip Advisor Page.
5 weeks is a great amount of time to spend in New Zealand- I hope you got to see many of the amazing places in this beautiful country!
It is so lovely to hear you found your stay with us to be a memorable one. The park has been in the family for 20 years but we are always putting in a lot of work to maintain everything to a high standard. It is great to get such wonderful feedback in return for the work put into the park.

We would love to have you back to stay with us in the future- summer is a beautiful time in the park with all the rose gardens and beautiful weather.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice! Upgraded to motel from self contained. So very cool.
Cool playground.
Very modern and clean park and room.
Reception area lovely. And staff very helpful for milford tour bookings.
Great stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Julie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a great review on Trip Advisor. I am really pleased to hear you and your family found your stay with us so enjoyable. Our motel units are very nice- it is great that you got to enjoy them :)
I hope that you had a great time in Milford Sound and the weather was well behaved! We do live in a wonderful part of the world and it is great seeing others experience the beauty Fiordland has to offer.

I hope you and your family had a safe trip home- please come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Best Top 10 we have stayed in so far! The interior of the facilities are all new; the kitchen has stovetops, a wok and rice cooker, and several ovens; more than any other campground we have encountered! One hour of free every 24 hours as well. We stayed in a cabin as a reprieve from our campervan, and even the most basic cabin has a toaster, kettle, mini fridge, and very effective heater. Staff is wonderful; very helpful reception! :) would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review on our Trip Advisor page.
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities in our park- as you say we have a broad range of amenities to suit everyone's needs.
Our Standard Cabins are great for when you need a break away from the campervan. We believe that even the most basic accommodation should provide some basic essentials to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am glad the heater kept you warm as it can be chilly in the winter months!
I hope you find the rest of your holiday in New Zealand just as enjoyable, and hope to have you back to stay with us in the future :)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in Te Anau and wished we had longer now. Our accommodation was down the back and across the road in a new block, the room was so comfortable to relax in after a long trip. Everything was there for you and what a great shower, which I think most travellers enjoy at the end of a long day. It had a separate communal lounge & kitchen with all the pots, pans and other things you need to cook a good meal and to entertain friends in. With our accommodation where it was, it made it so quiet and private, ours was #1 on the corner, also there was a BBQ table handy, and a nice deck to sit and enjoy a drink.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask about this accommodation.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TeAnauTop10HPark, Public Relations Manager at Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Philip,

Thank you very much for your kind review you posted on our Trip Advisor page. it is wonderful to receive such positive feedback from our guests.
Our Matai Lodge complex has been recently renovated, therefore we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay there. As you say it is a great quiet location, which has everything you need during your stay. The communal lounge and kitchen is great for groups or to meet other guests- the fact that it is fully equipped is also a great bonus!

We wish you all the best on any further travel plans you have and we hope to see you back to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park for 2 nights and it was such a lovely holiday park. I couldn't believe how well the whole grounds and accommodations were kept. It was clean, very quiet, the room was spacious, the staff were great, the kitchen was big and clean, the toilets and showers were cleaned regularly...it was just perfect. AND the big plus is...it's right in front of beautiful Lake Te Anau. WOW!
It's also close walk to the town so tick tick tick!

I had the private cabin that came with a double bed and a single bed. Check in was quick. Upon check in, they gave me 2 towels, cooking utensils and cutleries in a big container. All was very clean. They basically gave you everything you needed to make your stay comfortable.
The whole grounds were huge so parking was no problem at all. Inside my room, there's table, chair, electric kettle, heater and the bed was comfy too.

The only lil problem was the big blurry glass on the door. They should put a curtain to cover it cos it was kinda of creepy, esp at night time cos ppl can sort of see through inside and vice versa. And the bed was facing right to it which made it even impossible for me to sleep. Thankfully, I thought of sth of how to cover it. I used one of the towels (thankfully it's a big towel!) and my jacket to cover the glass. You do need to be resourceful sometimes while on the road ;-)

They also took good care of my luggage when I had an overnight cruise at Doubtful Sound, but I had to pay $5 to use this service (which was very unusual I think cos most accommodations I stayed in my entire trip in NZ provide this service for free). And also you have to pay for hiring linen for your bed.

But overall, it's a lovely stay. The location was thumbs up. You just need to cross the road and you're right at Lake Te Anau for good strolls. Beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Poikime

Dear Poikime,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your amazing review on our Trip Advisor page! We really appreciate it as we know it can take a lot of time out of your holiday.
I am so pleased to hear you found our Holiday Park to meet all your needs during your stay with us.
We put a lot of effort in to make sure our facilities are clean and up to date, which combined with our great location makes for an excellent stay :)
You will be pleased to know we have taken your suggestions on board and have curtains being made to cover the glass doors you are referring to :)
Our cabins all now have linen provided- this is something we have been waiting until winter to put into place as it is easier when it is quieter to change all the rooms over.

I hope you have an amazing time on the rest of your holiday and we hope to see you again in the future!

The Te Anau TOP 10 Team.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Is only the first night I stay here. But I already can't wait to give them a comment. Is world class holiday park. The girls on reception were friendly and helpful. Thanks :) Good location close to lake and shops. The facilities were of a very high standards and spotlessly clean. Wow..after this trips I will coming back and back to stay here again. Highly recommend Thanks Te Anau Top 10 again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TeAnauTop10HPark, Public Relations Manager at Te Anau Top 10 Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Sharon,

It was absolutely lovely to see the fantastic review you posted on our Trip Advisor Page!
I am so glad to hear that you found your stay, along with our facilities and location thoroughly enjoyable. I hope you had some time to explore Milford & Doubtful Sound while you stayed with us for 3 nights.
We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon :)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great park for our campervan. Just a short walk to the "To die for" lake views. Immaculate grounds with excellent kitchen facilities in particular. Everything spotlessly clean. We'd intended to stay one night and ended up with a second.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark,

Thank you so very much for posting your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor! It is always very rewarding to hear such great comments from our guests. I definitely agree with you- our fabulous housekeeping and maintenance team do a wonderful job in keeping our park in pristine condition! It most definitely takes a whole team behind the scenes to keep everything modern, clean and up to date!
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your campervan trip, we would love to have you back to stay with us again!