“Great to relax a bit”
Review of Parklands Motel

Parklands Motel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Te Anau
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed two nights. The room was spacious and there was everything you need. A big shared kitchen was in the Motel as well. The bathroom was nice and clean and with a window. Only walking distance to the lake. The owner could be a nicer but that was not an issue.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was a motor lodge with full cooking facilities. We saved money by grocery shopping and eating in, which was really nice. The couple taking care of the place was really nice and they gave us a container of milk upon check-in. The room was reasonably clean, but had a very strange camping type smell to it. Like I just got out the sleeping bags from storage or something. The floors were a little hollow and the bathroom door didn't have a lock. Not big things at all. The shower was nice and large, but allowed water to get all over the floor in the bathroom because of the style. They only provided two bath towels, one hand towel, one washcloth, and a tiny bath mat, which wasn't enough to mop up the bathroom floor. I would definitely stay here again as these things were really minor and I didn't mind them at all. It was also in a great location for visiting Milford Sound. We also loved the deck off the living area.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the main road. Also ask for a 2nd floor room if staying in the 2 story units as t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Parklands, especially mom. She was totally in love with the complementary fresh milk (actually it was for coffee and tea). The room was clean, although the furnitures were a little bit old. I reckoned they had a recent major renovation. The lady at the reception was definitely nice and helpful. She even allowed me to check in a little bit early.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We stayed here as a couple for 2 nights in Feb 2011 but have only got round to doing the review now. The parklands motel has good sized rooms, very helpful friendly staff. Good facilities in the room, microwave, seperate sink, and fridge. You can park right outside the room making it feel more like an apartment or challet than just a room. The location is good and 2mins walk from town. I would recommend the visit to see the glowworms.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We were planning to stay 1 day in Te Anau and booked at this motel. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are cozy and very clean. The motel is located close to the main street and the lake but far enough to guarantee a peaceful sleep. They also have a common kitchen which is well equipped. I got charged twice by mistake, but before I had realized it I got an email from them telling me that they had solved it, which saved me a lot of trouble. I definetly recommend this motel if you plan to stay in Te Anau.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Parklands Motel in Te Anau for 2 nights recently. We came in on a late bus but the manager was still kind enough to show us to our apartment and put on the air conditioner for us. It had a fully self contained kitchenette and quite a large sit in area ( a three seater lounge and table/chairs for 4). The bed was big, warm and comfortable. Its location is a short 5 minute walk through a park to the main street of Te Anau. I would gladly choose this motel again on my next visit to Te Anau.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

So many of the places in Te Anau seem to charge a fortune for a view of the lake - we went for Parklands as a cheaper option that was conveniently situated. It was a large apartment with view over the park across the road. We had a balcony to sit on and the rooms were clean and well equipped. The decoration was old fashioned and a little tired - particularly the bathroom decor which needs to leave the 1970's (?) brown behind. It was the only place in NZ that didn't automatically provide us with fresh milk the second day of our stay but they did when asked. Would happily stay there again and recommend for convenience, cleanliness, facilities and price - just don't go expecting brand new fixtures, fittings and decoration.
Short walk across the park to main street - best place to eat we found was the excellent fish & chip van parked on the front. Given the number of vistors to Te Anau we thought the choice of quality restaurants serving local produce was limited - and why do they all close so early even in the main holiday season.

Room Tip: Upstairs room for balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple