“Delicious and done well”
Review of Kepler Restaurant

Kepler Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Te Anau
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kepler Restaurant specializes in New Zealand Seafood and Contemporary food,Crayfish being one of the highlights.Our new Head Chef Eduardo has brought some of his South American cuisine, influenced to the menu with much success!
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a small place, but very nicely done! We had a delicious meal, good wine, and great service. We highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Kepler Restaurant

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Highly satisfied with the good, fresh ingredients and the standard of cooking. Friendly, helpful and efficient service. Pleasant surroundings. Good location (once you find it!). Not the cheapest but a quality meal.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Nice to have a meal where they resist the temptation to pile up the plate with chips and batter everything that swims We shared a squid starter,.my wife then had an excellent lamb roast and I had pan-fried blue cod with a selection of shell fish. Everything nicely presented and delicious.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Shocking! Yes it is. As the only other time I've EVER in over 50 years left a meal was an accidental ordering of soft shell crab (I didn't like eating the shells) but that was MY mistake.
Rude Service and not living up to reputation were the culprits here.
This was supposed to be a special birthday dinner for my 80 year old mother in law who came all the way from Canada to visit New Zealand.

The food tasted previously frozen and reheated. The menu item Crumbed Scallops are actually deep fried and have the normal scallop part and some yucky pink part they don't usually serve in North America (at least that's what the waitress said). Only could eat half of the 33.00 entree. Rice was bland and salad was average. Underwhelmed. As you can see by the picture, the food LOOKED great. But that's where it ended.

When asked to recommend a choice between scallops and venison - "I don't know - they are very different one is fish and one is meat".
Really? Thanks for clearing that up. I guessed fish - WRONG answer. I did see a plate of venison that definitely looked more appealing than my meal.

The worst part was the server who was dismissive and unpleasant. We were the second table of the night—so it wasn't a busy restaurant issue. It's hard to say when the last time was that I felt so unwelcome in a restaurant. When asked to please take a drink order (after the regular order has already gone to the kitchen) - she actually said WAIT...so she could take another ticket over to the chef. Really? Wrong order of operations in my book. When I asked for extra lemon (trying to make the fish palatable) I was greeted with a big sigh and two little tiny slices.

My best advice-skip this place. There are other choices where your money will be appreciated and you'll leave contented and happy. Much better than spending a 100.00 and feeling ripped off and disgruntled.

1  Thank KingstonKiwi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We struggled to find somewhere to eat the night we ate here. Thank goodness they managed to squeeze us in. We had a bottle of wine and a three course meal and every thing was top notch the atmosphere, food and the staff.

VERY good find