“haute cuisine”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Small, cosy, very friendly and - really - terrifically prepared food. We really enjoyed our meal. Booking is essential - it really is a small place.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

While staying in Te Anau visited the Redcliffe Cafe on recommendation from the motel manager. I went with my sister who I must say is more of a foodie than I am. I am of rather simple tastes where she is more adventurous. So I will provide a review from each of us. Both of us agree that the ambience is warm, inviting, charming, unique. The service is impeccable with friendly, knowledgeable staff who obviously take a pride in their establishment. With regard to the menu my personal view is that it would have been nice to have a couple of dishes which were in keeping with the local produce theme but were a little more subdued. My sister on the other hand was thrilled with her selections. Price wise maybe a little expensive but I think if you want the total experience these days you need to pay that bit extra. Overall a nice experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Quite literally the best meal I have ever had...anywhere in the world!

The meat was succulent, the veggies were delicious and the dessert was to die for.

We fantasised about how great this meal was for days after and if we ever visit Te Anau again it will purely be to eat at Redcliff.

We had a great chat with the owner/head chef - his passion for great food was evident in the meals he created.

So delicious. 10/10. Could not recommend this place more!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Cute restaurant, delicious food, perfect service. I'm a chef myself and for me this was really amazing. We shared the wild spreads, delicious, even the toasts are yummy. All look so fresh. My partner had the vegetarian plate which was really good, plenty of different veges. I chose the risotto, very good. And the dessert were unbelievable. I'm not a sweet person but it was really delicious. I took the chocolate creme brulee, served with an amazing home-made ice-cream. As for me the prices are correct as compared to the quality. Congratulations, you are the restaurant we always recommend to people now.

1  Thank Sandrineandalex
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had delicious local game cooked well by a passionate owner who provided great service in a cute restaurant

1  Thank Peter803