The receptionist was quite nice and friendly, villa was OK, beds comfy etc. Breakfast service was a bit of a joke. It was apparently on until 9am. However if you got there at even 8:45 everything was piratically all gone/ cleared away. We asked for some bacon and it seemed like the biggest feat ever to actually cook us up a bit of bacon, this wasn't even after 9am!
I saw some people arrive at 9am on the dot and the hostess was very rude and told they had to sit at one particular table because the rest were all set for dinner. She was very snappy.
Interestingly as soon as their was a business conference there, the same hostess was more than accommodating to two business men that turned up at 9:15, getting fresh jugs of all the juices and getting the chef to make fresh bacon etc. They know their money lies in the conference guests and large group tours. They don't care about the independent travelers. One evening we tried to have a drink at the bar and it was chaos. Took ages to get served, the poor guy behind the bar looked like he was about to have collapse! The bar was so messy and disorganized. They need to employ more staff and basically get on top of things! Customer service was severely lacking. Good location though with nice view of the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Te Anau Lake Front, a short stroll from the Te Anau Town Centre, Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas is perfectly situated for you to make the most of this beautiful area. Surrounded by extensive, colourful gardens and overlooking spectacular Lake Te Anau and the Fiordland ranges, this Hotel and Villa accommodation sets the tone for your stay in one of the world’s most breathtaking regions. Designed for your comfort, we offer 115 luxurious rooms, including Hotel rooms with Garden and breathtaking Lake Views, and a range of spacious One and Two Bedroom Garden View Villas. On-site is the renowned MacKinnon Room Restaurant offering the very best of South Island cuisine, and the Explorer Bar and Lakefront Terrace where you can relax and enjoy the uninterrupted views of Lake Te Anau. The hotel offers the largest hotel based conference centre in the area, and its very own lakefront wedding chapel, plus extensive recreational facilities, including a spa, sauna, heated outdoor swimming pool and massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Distinction Te Anau Hotel and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Te Anau Hotel
- Distinction Hotel Te Anau