“Lovely food and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Porto Bello Bar & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We rocked into Westport for a night's stay, and I consulted my trusty out of date of Lonely Planet to see what venues they had suggested.
I liked the sound of Porto Bello, but we thought we'd have a wander around town just in case anything else took our fancy.
We saw Porto Bello, had a look at the menu and it sounded nice and reasonably priced. Last minute I also saw they had a promotion on cocktails that evening. To be honest, the cocktail promotion clinched it for me.
We had heard there was a big Speedway event going on and an Old Ford meet up, so town was pretty busy. Being hungry we got there just as the place opened, thankfully - as it soon filled up.
I went for the Rump Steak (250g with fries and seasonal salad) $20, and my partner went for the Smoked Salmon Pizza $20, I spotted on the side menu "Spiced potato, kumara and pumkpin with fresh herbs and chilli sour cream" $7.50 - it sounded lush, so ordered that as well.
Despite being very busy, we received our orders in good time.
Both dishes were delicious, one of the best steaks I've had since we've been in NZ. I am so glad I ordered the side ( I didn't need it I was just being greedy), it was gorgeous. Since being in NZ, I've really got quite addicted to Kumara and Pumpkin.
Sadly we didn't have room for dessert, but did a have a coffee at the bar, to free the table up for other diners.
Autumn, the manager and her team were very calm and really friendly despite being very busy.
The restaurant has a lovely setting, with tables suitable for all size of groups.
If we visit Westport again, we are certain to dine here again.

• Visited May 2014

Rarotonga
“Birthday celebrations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A perfect place for a birthday celebration. We had a big group booked in and a few extra's turned up..it wasn't a problem and the staff were great about this. The menu is a little different which I liked and there was something for everyone. The food was served promptly and looked as good as it tasted. We were seated at the back by the outside area and had the TV screen playing...a little distracting as it was so interesting. An awesome place to spend an evening.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ShelleyRarotonga
Westport, New Zealand
“Wonderful meal, excellent service, steak cooked to order!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

First time visit, after living over here for 3 years. The waitress we saw when we came in the door was very friendly, I had spoken with her earlier to book the table. She showed us to our table and told us she "put us by the fire" as it was a cold evening. Very impressed. The occasion was Mother's Day, so the staff at the restaurant gave me (and any other mothers, although it was a Saturday before Mother's day), a bouquet of flowers, a miniature bottle of Pink bubbly Fraise and a free dessert. Talk about feeling spoilt. The music was just right, so it wasn't too loud to hear each other, or too soft that other people could hear everyone else. We both ordered steak, I am a real fusspot when it comes to my steak, it has to be just right, not many places can do that for me, but I will be back for another. The Chef was bang on. Pink and NO blood. Husband and I were absolutely thrilled with the meal. We commented to the young man that delivered our meals about how nice the house wine was, and could we buy it here. He was well informed about the wine and offered us the name of the 'company' that produces the wine. I also asked him about the cheesecake on the menu. He informed he had made this cheesecake and that a lot of work goes into getting it just right. He was chatty, and polite . We both enjoyed our desserts. Over all our experience would have to be 10 out of 10.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a lovely dinner meal here. Big yummy steak and the boys loved the homemade chips! Nice premises too.

Visited April 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Recommended”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Yes it was recommended to us for there roast dinners, sorry but only average needed good clean up carpets and chairs needed shampoo, food was average servings could have been bigger for the price they were charging.

Visited April 2014