“Good Accomodation very helpful hosts”
Review of Bella Vista Motel

Bella Vista Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for business in early Feburary. Great immaculately clean rooms and Sky Guest Select which was a real bonus. I really want to mention Ross who was on the day I checked in, there were a group of travellers from overseas in front of me when I checked in and he was so kind,friendly and more than happy to give them heaps of advice about where to eat, go, what to do etc it was so nice to find a manager who doesn't just throw a map at people across the desk. Apparently the owners were away on holiday, you sure have chosen great people to represent your business in your absence!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for your comments. We have forwarded this to Ross who was managing while we were away. We know the business is in good hands when they are here. We appreciate you staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Bella Vista Motel

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed 1 night in this motel.
Exceptional service by Bella Vista motels.
We were able to book this motel after asking for help in Bella vista hokitika. Manager there helped us with booking and provided all directions. And manager in Westport helped us via leaving the keys in the room as we were not able to reach the westport in their working hours.
Room clean and big.
What I hate most about 80% of NZ hotels is shower. Which is usually fixed at height of 180cm.
C'mon! With my height of 192 washing my head becomes very funny 1st time, but very irritating when seeing this stuff in 5th hotel again...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. Pleased we could help in your situation. Point noted about the shower height. Hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in NZ.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed over again in the Bella Vista for a recent school reunion. Has been consistently good each time we have stayed.
Owners very friendly. Some free wifi was included which is always good.
Unit was clean and well presented.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy you had a good experience with us. Maybe we will see you back sometime.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We recently stayed at the Bella Vista in the middle of some terrible weather - even with power cutting in and out of Westport was the owners were really helpful and friendly and room was really nice & clean.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

We did have a rough time that night, pleased you enjoyed the experience. Hopefully if you visit again sometime the weather will be much nicer. Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I choose Bella Vista wherever possible because you know what you're getting. Westport's branch is well appointed, very clean and quiet. The owners are very friendly and really helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much and will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicki C
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments Nicky. We are happy your experience with us was a pleasant one and we look forward to your company in the future. Seasons greetings to you and yours.
Marilyn, Trevor and Bella Vista Westport Staff

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We wanted to have a look at a unit here and possibly stay the night, we went into the reception area and rang a bell, the guy who we had seen outside wandering round shutting doors finally decided to come in and attend to us, then he proceeded to try and put us off even having a look, he did tell us the price but after hearing his bad attitude we decided to say we would think about it and left, never to go back.
Went to look at the place next door but he never had anything suitable and we mentioned this guy and apparently that is quite normal, whereas the guy in the neighboring motel was great and very helpful, will stay there another day.

Room Tip: Dont bother with this place
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry you had this experience at our place. We have made your comment known to all 'guys' on our staff with not knowing when this was and who it might have been. It is unfortunate this happened, but we can all have off days. If you would like to make contact with us, email or phone we would appreciate hearing from you.
Have a lovely day
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed for a few nights in the Bella Vista, in the main street of Westport, on a business trip.

The street itself was relatively quiet, although some of the guests in neighbouring rooms on a couple of nights on my stay weren't quite so quiet. And unfortunately the wind was blowing just so one night, causing my neighbouring guest's cigarette smoke to blow straight in my room's window. Even after closing the window (and losing the nice breeze), the smoke still found its way under the front door. I think I was just unlucky, really, and it was only a single evening's inconvenience.

The rooms are modern and well maintained, and cleaned well and regularly. They are a little smaller than some of the alternatives in the town, and there's only a limited selection of TV channels compared to some of the competitors, if you're wanting to watch TV. (I wasn't, so it didn't matter too much to me.)

Internet access is great value for a longer stay and I had no issues with it at all. International VPN access to my office over the motel's WiFi network worked without a hitch.

The toiletries are top notch -- manuka honey soap and even a small bottle of moisturiser -- and the tea and coffee selection is better than that provided by some competitors in town. You even receive a couple of daily cookies, which seems to be a bit of a rarity in motels in this part of the world.

The self-catering was relatively basic, with a microwave, mobile hotplates, kettle, toaster, etc, and a bar fridge. Not great if you want to cook in an oven or want icecream to stay frozen, but pretty standard for most self-catering motels in which I've stayed. The guest laundry only has one washer and one dryer, and is typically pricey -- no worse than others, but no better either. It all seemed to work fine, however.

I felt a little crowded in the room, which could have done with a bit more square footage. The bed was comfortable, although I had some trouble sleeping at nights due to the many lights left on outside. I've noticed that this happens in some other motels in Westport, too. I suppose there's a tradeoff to be made between giving enough light for guests to move around outside during the night, but retaining enough darkness to make it easy to sleep inside. I would suggest toning the lights down a little, or fitting larger and thicker window coverings. But again, only a minor complaint.

The owner was friendly and pleasant, and I saw her trying to help some other guests out a couple of times during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
BVWestport, Owner at Bella Vista Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.
We do have larger units with cooking options and even some with ovens.
We too will have 50+ television channels after being rewired next month.
Regarding the lighting it is necessary to leave the lights on for guests safety also for security.
We appreciate the points you have raised - we have to hope other guests are considerate to the person in the next unit.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.