“Unconditional help”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Westport
Wellington, New Zealand
“Unconditional help”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

On waking early on a Saturday morning while staying here, we ran into a small medical issue . Chris could not have been more helpful. She rang the local hospital for suggestions, and gave us easy directions to the pharmacy. She was very concerned and considerate.

The previous evening when we asked about restaurants for dinner she gave us a run down on the town's offerings and ended with an excellent recommendation.

Chris took everything in stride but was unconditionally helpful and supportive in our time of need. Such a lovely person.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for the nice review Warren. I hope the rest of your holiday went well.
Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Auckland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Chris has been in hospitality for a while and it shows. West coasters are super friendly and accommodating.
Stayed in a spacious modern family unit that was well appointed. Great beds. Linen cut above the rest. Didn't use the spa bath but nice shower pressure. Motel is not set up for BBQ but this is not usually an issue with plenty of eating places in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments on our property. It is our pleasure to do our best for you when you stay with us. Best wishes for a great 2014.
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 October 2013

2 kids 2 adults in a Motel for 2 days and 2 nights would I go back YES in a heart beat not only was our room super clean and warm, the beds were to die for with their luxury tops and large size, there was all those other little things also ie plunger coffee with the plunger the, extra towels and pillows and they were fresh, our room was serviced and cleaned to a high level even though we were staying another night which was sooo lovley. as other places we have stayed at have not really bothered. The lady running the place is very passionate about her business and Westport.
My family and I will be back and we will be telling our friends and family that this is the place to stay in Westport is, @ The Spa Motel with Chris, thanks for a Gr8 and stay,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank bowhuntmethven
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return to Westport and we were able to make your stay a great experience. I look forward to seeing you when you next visit Westport.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here recently with my husband. It is in a great location right on the main street. The lady who served us has just taken over and she was very friendly. Making sure we knew places we could eat for dinner, and telling us about tourist attractions like the seal colony and Denniston. The studio unit was perfect for the two of us, and the beds are super comfy. I asked the owner about these and she said she has just put new luxury toppers on to make them more comfortable - they were a nice touch! The place was super clean. We had a spa which was also nice. I use quite a bit of wifi and when I had run out I was a bit embarassed to go and ask for another coupon thing but it was no problem which is always nice. We asked the owner to organise a taxi for us to the airport and it was done with no bother. Its all those small things that make a great stay!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs unit
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ella S
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for your comments Ella. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Westport Spa Motel and found our beds comfortable. My housekeepers take pride in their work. It is nice for them to have guests comment on the cleanliness of the rooms.
Chris Lark
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have been staying at this motel since it opened. It has been 3 years since our last visit and it is now very tired. Rooms are a good size and facilities are good. After paying the same price for a 2 bedroom motel of much higher quality in another town, we found that this one is expensive for the 1 bedroom unit. Also, if you get the Spa Bath unit, watch out for the water that spills onto the floor when you have a shower. Noting the carpet has been patched by the door, its an obvious problem that still hasn't been fixed after all this time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
spamotel, Owner at Westport Spa Motel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you John for your comments on your recent stay at Westport Spa Motel. I have only recently purchased the business and I am in the process of drawing up a maintenance plan for future renovations. I will make sure that I add the issue of the shower water escaping onto the floor now that you have brought it to my attention. Coordinating colour schemes and identifying suppliers takes time so in the meantime I have made a start by adding an extra comfort layer to all the beds. A regular guest who told me the "bed was superb". I do hope you stay with us again in 3 years time. It will look very different then.
Chris Lark
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

In two years the price for accommodation has shot up in Westport, and I really cannot see the huge attraction.

This particular motel is okay - it's completely average, nothing special (quite small rooms) and yet the prices are at the top end of accommodation in the low season. Hmmm.

Still, it's a roof over the head, there's some free WiFi thrown in (good for the international traveller at the moment), and the unit had everything we actually needed to prepare food, etc, so there were savings in not going to a restaurant for dinner or breakfast.

Bottom line... If you pay to stay, relax in the spa baths and know that at least $10 of your cost for the night is being chewed up right there.

Oh, and be certain to visit the Denniston Plateau and feel what it was like to spend a lifetime up there!

• Stayed July 2013
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Big screen TV with a king, queen and single bed + a massive three person spa. What more could you ask for?

Full kitchen facilities is a big bonus as well.

Had a great stay and would not hesitate to stay again. In fact we plan on it!

Room Tip: The one bedroom is big and at the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family