“Brilliant, warm, friendly family pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Hart Pub

White Hart Pub
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Tuddenham
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Wonderful tap ales and best English food cooked on the spot by Rebecca. Atmosphere was relaxed and down to earth.
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, warm, friendly family pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

This pub is a friendly family run pub, with many events happening, a warm welcome and a great selection of drinks. The food is marvellous and all home made!
Couldn't ask for a better local pub!

Comes highly recommended!

Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Almost Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had Ham, Eggs and Chips. Very nice, probably best meal I've ever had a pub, had a pint of bulmers cider and that was the best i'd ever had.

• Visited May 2014
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Family Run Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I live in the village! The pub is fantastic, a warm welcome as soon as you arrive. Couldn't ask for a better local pub! Good selection of drinks to decide from, well priced and lovely traditional pub food with a twist!
Very much family ran! Well worth a visit if your passing or live locally!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“just marvellous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

we live in the next village and a trip to the White Hart is a real treat
The wellcome is always warm and the food is delicious in particular the Sunday roast which is easily the best we have sampled.
There is a nice selection of beers which Paul looks after perfectly.
All in all a real gem on our doorstep

• Visited February 2014
“Close to perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The White Hart in Tuddenham is a friendly, family-run freehouse pub serving home-cooked meals to a very high standard, along with a good selection of real ales. My family and I arrived here just as it was opening for the evening, and although food service wasn't due to start for another hour, we were made to feel very comfortable while we waited. The place was lovely and warm when we arrived, and the owners were very friendly and welcoming. Free Wi-Fi was available on request. The White Hart feels like it has all the best aspects of a traditional English local pub, without the intimidating atmosphere you can tend to find in many of the other pubs in the area. When the time came for us to order or meals, we were impressed at the dishes on offer. Our only criticism is that the menu felt somewhat limited. All the dishes are written on chalk boards, which possibly had the effect of making the selection seem smaller than it really was. There weren't any starters or a children's menu, although they said they were happy to do child-sized portions. My wife is a vegetarian, and there was only one vegetarian option planned for that evening which wasn't written down on the boards. This particular evening it was vegetable curry, which was unfortunate as my wife is not fond of spicy foods. However, this is where our criticism ends. We asked if they had other vegetarian options, and they were able to come up with an alternative meal which my wife said was the best meal she had ever had in Suffolk (and we've been to some good places in Suffolk!) I chose a pork dish which came with the a lovely sesame-seed gravy, fresh vegetables and roast potatoes cooked to absolute perfection. Our four-year-old son had a chicken burger which looked amazing. As we all know, four-year-olds can be incredibly fussy, and he initially complained that the chicken burger didn't taste like normal chicken. When I tried it, it became clear why. This was very good quality chicken, very rich in flavour, quite unlike the chicken you normally get in chicken burgers. Once he got over the fact it was a bit different, he happily tucked-in. Then came the desserts! I had an amazing ginger and white chocolate cheesecake, while my wife and son had some of their home-made ice cream which was easily as good as anything you'd find elsewhere. I'm happy to report that the toilet facilities were very clean. Overall, we really enjoyed our experience here and can't wait to return. We do feel that the menu might benefit from having some starters, even if it was just a soup-of-the-day and some bread sticks, a small children's menu, and one or two more vegetarian options. I should also point out that their opening times differ from what is advertised on their Facebook page, so it's best to phone ahead to avoid disappointment. Don't let these comments deter you from visiting, though. The sheer quality of the meals served by the White Hart far outweighed any concerns we might have had over the size of the menu. Furthermore, the owners assured us that if we phoned them a day in advance, they would be happy to cook whatever we request. I wasn't able to try the beer on this occasion, but the selection is very good. So many pubs in this area aspire to be 'gastro-pubs' and end up leaving you feel disappointed. What's great about the White Hart in Tuddenham is that it is unpretentious, informal, but you will end up feeling pleasantly surprised. It's what a local pub should be.