“Lovely”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tuddenham
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mill and would strongly recommend it. Lovely deco, friendly service and a beautiful setting. The food was good, if a little expensive but we will definitely be returning next time we feel like escaping for a couple of days.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edward S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
England
Reviewed 21 October 2013

For my partners 50th i decided to treat him to one nights stay at Tuddenham Mill. I booked the lodge and was so glad i did because the accommodation was amazing. Stunning views and so much space! Massive bed that was extremely comfy, large roomy shower,flame effect fire that really threw out the heat, decent tv screen and stereo. The little touches were perfect too like the fresh orange and different teas on offer. I'd ordered chocolates and champagne for that little extra touch and nothing was too much trouble for the staff as they even wrote out a birthday card. The best thing about the room was the large bath and if you order the turn down service,staff will put candles around the bath and run it,fill up your ice bucket,dim the lights,put the fire on and scatter rose petals around-truly romantic and special. The balcony has a table and chairs to sit on which we found handy as the weather was quite mild during the day. On the day that we went,a bridal fair was on with lots of people milling around and some couples decided to walk up to our lodge to have a look. When i mentioned this to reception staff,they dealt with it very well as an intrusion of our privacy and gave us a free glass of champagne in the bar. If you are into your wine etc,the bar menu has a wide choice and the terrace is beautiful at night to sit out on-all lit up with fairy lights. The restaurant is roomy so that you are not on top of one another like some places and the food is cooked to perfection. We are not really a fan of fine dining due to small portions but the food was cooked to perfection with flair. I would recommend the cheese board to finish so that you come away feeling pleasantly full. We had room service for breakfast, and the croissants aswell as the full english were all tasty and ample in size. My partner and i had a wonderful time and felt so relaxed in such peaceful surroundings. I urge anybody to book,especially the lodges.

Room Tip: Lodges without a doubt
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Tuddenham Mill as a couple and booked through secret escapes. I wasn't sure what to expect from the rooms but they were very modern and clean. The bathroom was lovely with separate bath tub and walk-in shower. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and there were cute little touches like homemade brownies, a decanter with sloe whiskey and freshly squeezed orange juice in the fridge.

It was a really relaxing/indulgent weekend lounging around in the supplied bathrobes on the sofa either listening to music or watching tv whilst feasting on delicious room service food.

I suspect that the standard price may be a bit steep, however for the price we paid with the secret escapes deal we had bed, breakfast, £40 per person per day of food and glasses of prosecco on arrival included in the deal so it was definitely good value. I would say this is the nicest hotel I've stayed in in the UK!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Travelling from London to Norfolk we decided to stop off for dinner at Tuddenham Mill as we passed and we were so glad we did. We loved this place so much, its peacefulness, the beautiful surroundings, the hospitable staff that we stayed over night.
Dinner was excellent, not a huge selection but beautifully presented and very tasty.
Our room are exquisite, large comfy bed and every luxury you could think of inside the room. We loved staying there, it was just unfortunately we were only there one night. We have vowed to go again the next time we are in that area of the UK.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie190262
Leics
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a night away to de-stress in what looked like a peaceful, tranquil hotel. We stayed in the Mill Room at £295 and the room was lovely but (and it's a BIG but) the room is right on the road and the road is busy and very noisy!!!!!!!! Not only this but there were aeroplanes flying over the hotel that sounded like they were going to land on top of the hotel!!!!!! The noise died down at night, but the first cars started again at about 4.30am. This was so unrelaxing that it totally spoilt our stay.
I know that roads are a fact of life, but I think that somewhere on the website this should be mentioned.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was good but very expensive. All in all our 1 night away at Tuddenham Mill cost just over £400 for dinner, bed and breakfast.
I can't say it was value for money and won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kate c
Adam D, General Manager at Tuddenham Mill, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Tuddenham Mill.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay with us. I only wish you had brought the issue of road noise to our attention earlier so we could have changed your room during your stay to one of our alternative rooms. I can confirm that we do get some occasional aircraft noise as we are located near RAF Mildenhall but we are not directly over the flight path.

Many guests comment both personally and via reviews on how relaxed they feel following a stay with us and I can only apologise that you have left not feeling this way. I do hope you do decide to return in the future and please feel free to contact me personally to make the necessary arrangements.
Essex, UK
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Tuddenham Mill is such a beautiful hotel, which is excelled by the staff and food that make this place so different.

My husband and I got married at Tuddenham Mill in February 2013, this is a perfect location for an intimate wedding. We hired the hotel for the whole weekend and had a lovely informal meal with our family and friends on the Friday evening. We had our wedding ceremony, sit down wedding breakfast and reception on the Saturday. To finish the weekend we had tea served with our wedding cake on the Sunday, which just like the previous days was served with so much attention to detail. It was so lovely to have all our family and friends around us to celebrate our wedding for the whole weekend. The staff at Tuddenham Mill were so welcoming and accommodating to all of our guests and nothing was ever too much.

The chef here is outstanding, the food he produces could without a doubt be served in Michelin Stared restaurants. My husband and I wanted something different from the norm for our wedding breakfast and this was just perfect.

I cannot express our gratitude enough of how well the whole weekend was organised. Lyndon, Hannah and so many staff worked so incredibly hard all weekend to ensure that all our needs were met, all our guests commented on how hard they all worked to ensure everything ran smoothly and that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Hannah was so helpful with all the planning that goes into a wedding, she put us in touch with many of the contacts from photographer, harpist, local beauticians etc. She took all the stresses away by providing me guidance and kept me informed every step of the preparation to the day.

Thank you again to everyone at Tuddenham Mill and I would recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for an intimate wedding, party or weekend away. Definitely a hidden treasure and cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel T
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to attend a family christening locally. Excellent service, lovely room (although bathroom a bit scruffy with various large scuff marks on the walls and a large crack in the sink - this detracted from the otherwise overall high standards), delicious food and nice touches such as fresh orange juice and real milk in the room. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a mill stream room - very quiet and comfortable. Seem more private than the water mead...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuddenham
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Riverside House Hotel
Riverside House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Mildenhall
Newmarket Boutique Apartments

Been to Tuddenham Mill? Share your experiences!