“Perfect night away to propose!”
Review of Tuddenham Mill

Tuddenham Mill
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tuddenham
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my girlfriend away for a night to a beautiful peaceful place and propose to her. Tuddenham Mill was the perfect place to do it. The staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. The food was incredible too. Thank you!!!

2  Thank MrTMonk

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

One word describes our evening/night at tuddenham mill - outstanding!
From arrival, check in, accommodation, bar, restaurant, room facilities, comfort - I cannot find fault!
The greeting upon arrival was pleasant, informative and welcoming. We stayed in a meadow view room, music was playing as we were shown into our room and the amenities explained to us, all of which were perfect!
We were greeted by the bartender as we re-entered the main building and asked if we would like a pre-dinner drink in the bar, exceptional service. The menu was a delight to read, the hardest decision being what not to have (!) as all sounded delicious! We were not disappointed as the food was sublime, the wine list is huge - ranging from very reasonable to very expensive, catering for all tastes and purse sizes!
Back in the room, the evening weather helped enormously as we could sit in seclusion on our veranda and enjoy the remainder of our wine in comfort. The room facilities were very comfortable - the bath & shower were fantastic!
Breakfast was as delicious as the evening meal the night before, ample supply of toast & tea, coffee, juice selection & cereal should you wish, I had the full English & Hannah had the warm smoked salmon & scrambled eggs - delicious!
Over all an exquisite location and hotel, we'd heard good things and had wanted to visit for some time and we were not disappointed. We will most definitely be returning to tuddenham mill, loved it, could happily have stayed indefinitely!

3  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We found the hotel on Mr and Mrs Smith website and it lived up to all of the wonderful reviews. The staff are friendly and helpful and the room is gorgeous. We stayed in a water meadow room which had a lovely little decked area which we used for lunch and drinks due to the beautiful weather. The bed was very comfy and the huge bath and shower are fab. There are lovely touches like freshly squeezed orange juice and milk in the fridge plus the excellent tea tray, including gorgeous brownies from the kitchen and a great range of teas. Breakfast is generous and you are invited to have as much or as little as you want from both the cold and cooked menus.
The only downside to our stay was the one night we ate in the restaurant. They were short staffed and we ended up waiting 45 minutes to get a glass of water, let alone any food. The food was very tasty but rather expensive, particularly given the long wait. I thought that we could have perhaps been given free dessert or a drink to compensate. As it happens, there was obviously no one senior enough to do this and unfortunately this experience put us off eating in the restaurant again for the rest of our stay. I've given 5/5 for the hotel stay alone.

2  Thank CLSW19
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and the bathroom spacious and elegant. I loved the art works, Missoni bathrobes, and sloe gin! Nice food (pity about the kippers, though), and friendly, if slow, service. This only missed the fifth star because our room was uncomfortably warm and lacking in natural light. But that bed ... Oh, I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Floridalover706
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband in March for one night arriving on Friday. It was our first night away together since we had our daughter three years ago. We wanted somewhere fairly close by to us in Essex.

We stayed in a water meadow room. The room was fabulous. With great views out onto the meadow. It was a bit too cold to take advantage of the fabulous bifold doors and sit out on the patio but I can imagine it would be great in summer. There was a bottle of prosecco on arrival and some yummy handmade biscuits. The shower was cold and it never got fixed during our stay but I didn't mind too much as I took advantage of the fabulous and huge bath. My husband was offered the shower next door which he utilised. TM did however offer us a drink each at dinner as compensation. Dinner was very good and the waiting staff very friendly and informative. We had a drink in the bar my husband was fascinated with the machinery on display. We got our third choice DVD on the way back to the room and watched that later in the evening. While we out lots of tea light candles had been placed around the bath and a bath run which was lovely gesture but I had already had my bath earlier in the evening.

TM is very small there was only 3/4 other couples staying at the same time out of 10 rooms in total. We choose the early diners menu and was the first in the restaurant at 645pm. But it never really got full or very atmospheric.

We were quite pushed for time and had to leave at 9am the next morning after a hearty breakfast I would definitely like to go back when we get a chance and enjoy it more leisurely.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissMini53
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights with our small dog and as a well travelled dog she enjoyed her stay, dog biscuits & bowls in the room and she was able to join us for breakfast & dinner set up in the bar.
Staff were very friendly and the hotel had la nice atmosphere, lovely grounds and places to sit outside.
We had a water meadow room which is great with a dog as she was able to wander when she needed.
The quality of the food was good but we did have an issue with our dinner but the hotel has apologised and rectified.
Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Water meadow room great with a dog, spacious with all mod cons.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine W
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend at Tuddenham Mill. They advertise themselves as being "Dog Friendly" and we could not believe how friendly it was. Our room was huge with enormous patio doors that opened to a small decked area that then led on to a beautiful meadow, perfect for our 2 dogs. They left dog bowls and dog treats in the room and also offered to check on our dogs and let them out for a walk whilst we were out at a party one evening. The rooms are very luxurious with a variety of tea's, coffee, orange juice and fresh milk, all complimentary. The rooms have a fridge, safe, DVD player, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. We are experienced travellers and have stayed in many hotels, very few are as accommodating as this one. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuddenham
18 mi away
#1 of 2 in Horringer
All Saints Hotel
All Saints Hotel
#2 of 10 in Bury St Edmunds

Been to Tuddenham Mill? Share your experiences!