“Fabulous afternoon tea...”

Odd John's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Quorn
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We've just returned from having afternoon tea at OddJohns Kitchen on the main street in Quorn, this doesn't disappoint. There is a large car park just just off the main road which is ideal so you're not pressed for time in the 1 hour street parking. I booked the afternoon tea only yesterday for my mum, mum in law and myself, we arrived, the person who greeted us immediately recognised our booking and was very welcoming. My mum is a little hard of hearing so I asked for a table on the edge of the restaurant. To our delight they seated us outside in a sheltered booth, comfy cushions and very quiet. Having been seated our drinks order was taken and within 5 or 6 minutes our drinks and afternoon tea was delivered. We couldn't quite believe our eyes as it all arrived, beautiful sandwiches, quiche, sausage rolls, scones and several cakes. the quality of the all the food was impressive. The sandwiches were lovely homemade chutney and fresh salad. The cakes, chocolate brownies, victoria sponge, carrot cake and bakewell tart were all lovely, very generous portion sizes too. The staff really looked after us, bought us tea and of course something to take most of the cakes home with us!
At less than £15.00 this is great value for money, a lovely location and great service, I would highly recommend a visit to OddJohns Kitchen.

2  Thank Heather M

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went in for a late breakfast. The toasties we had were great tasting. They are happy to accommodate as I don't like mushrooms in my toasty asked if I could have onions instead and it was no problem. Food was very tasty. Real homely atmosphere inside as is the decor. They do afternoon tea with bottomless tea or coffee. Great to catch up with friends or take your daughter out or mother. All cakes are freshly made and there is a good selection.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this place as we were staying in the area and looking for breakfast on a Sunday morning. It was a great find!

The place has so much character and the quirky characteristics and decor make it really fun and modern whilst being relaxing and just a great different place to catch up with family and spend some time.
The breakfast was delicious and great value for money. I had bacon and avocado muffins which came with 2 perfectly poached eggs and tasty hollandaise sauce, it was so nice and definitely set me up for the day! The full breakfast was also expertly cooked and very different to the usual pub fry up often swimming in grease and tasteless, here each individual ingredient had been given attention - kudos to the chef.

The staff and waiters were friendly and accommodating and the speed of service was perfect for the occasion. There was a young waiter who was really nice and friendly and obviously cared about his job and the customers.

It was lovely to see such passion for local produce and local business and I'm sure the deli will just become more and more popular and successful.

It's a shame I can't visit on a regular basis (it's miles away from where I live) as I'd love to come back!

2  Thank Olive88
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stopped with a group of cycling friends here on a Sunday morning, having booked beforehand. Very impressed with the professional service and the food was to a high standard. One of the young male members of staff that served us was really good. We all had something different and everyone enjoyed it. We'll be visiting again!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Sad to see some have had a bad experience here as we cannot fault either the food or service. We really made a last minute booking ( same day) but staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Wonderful and friendly telephone booking with just the same greeting when we arrived. This establishment is attached to the Griffin Inn Swithland so can be a little difficult to find if you are not aware of this fact, it has a separate entrance located off a courtyard which forms part of the pub grounds, better signage may help a little. The sandwiches (not delicate) were delicious, the cakes and scones were substantial and really good. Staff were really busy and if you want to sit there quietly you may feel a little ignored, however this is not the case, just speak up and receive the friendliest service ever, nothing seemed too much trouble. The sausage roll and onion pickle Oooooh just lovely. The griffin inn ( see separate reviews for that) is a popular wedding Venue but don't be put off if it seems busy as this does not impact on the cafe.
Would definitely recommend but you need to book, we were just lucky.