“Disappointing ”

Ranked #18 of 235 Restaurants in Albury
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick breakfast and sadly my coffee order was missed and had to re-order.

The eggs benedict was fine but when the coffee arrived it was coffee flavoured hot milk.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Very nice tapas style food was had and very much enjoyed. However, for a busy Saturday night they seemed woefully understaffed. Making a feature of their cocktails is fine, but there must be enough people to make them in a reasonalbe time frame. For five cocktails, we waited from first drink served until last for over half an hour. The staff that were on were seemingly keen and definitely friendly. Maybe somebody didn't show up for service. Would try them again though, as the food was excellent.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Friendly service, nice atmosphere. Access a bit confusing from within the hotel. Reasonably priced. Good food

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

In for a late dinner, good friendly service. the meals were great and the homemade biscuit melts were wonderful.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I preface this review with my having been driving for 12 of the last 24 hours but let that be an excuse for the writing style rather than the impact of my meal.
I walked into this dimly lit, atmospheric, and Art Deco genuine bar after being recommended to visit by my partner. He insisted I get my person there if even for a wine.
The house red - which I had house red expectations for - was a full-bodied and character filled wine that went above any expectation I had. The incredible bar staff went above and beyond to present me with one of the nicest cuts of eye fillet I have had in recent memory (honestly one of the best steaks I’ve had in the last five years) cooked perfectly rare on a bed of subtly spiced root vegetables and a beef jus- all the flavours complementing each other in absolute merriment. If this were my final meal, I would not be in any way disappointed.
The entire experience of dining here was incredible and even watching the staff interact with other diners was beautiful - they are all obviously so happy and caring and earnest people.
I cannot wait to return to Albury, if only to dine here again!

Date of visit: August 2018