“A clean and tidy stay.”
Review of Clifton Motel

Clifton Motel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Albury
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had booked a room a week in advance after seeing all the good reviews. We would only be staying over night as we were driving from Sydney to Melbourne.
We arrived just before midnight, reception had arranged for an after hours check in for us which was quick and easy.
The room was very clean and tidy. The bedding was fantastic, with fresh towels and the like in the bathroom.
The only downfall was the fridge didn't work. We were there for less than 7 hours so it wasn't much of a bother.
In all it was s comfortable place for us to get a few hours sleep. Would recommend it to anyone passing through town!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MRyanPhotography

Reviewed 18 April 2014

It is value for money! We are stopping by on the way to Melbourne and this is a convenient location. The room is clean and fresh. Love the stay and will definitely come back to stay when passing next time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling for work all over NSW and VIC for the last two years and every time I return to Albury I simply cannot look past staying at the Clifton motel. Most friendly, well looked after, comfiest and welcoming motel I've stayed in yet over my two years of non stop travel! Very highly recommended. Thanks for being awesome Clifton motel and I look forward to staying here again next time I stop through!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Beorts
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This was a real surprise for our group from Ballarat
Lovely comfortable bed , clean and a great welcome from owners
Surprise with each room receiving breakfast
Thank you also for organizing our dinner arrangements and keeping an eye on our old cars

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynpj
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband booked this motel for me after I spent 4 nights in remote East Gippsland. Barry greeted me warmly and handed over a very handy breakfast of cereal and bread for toast, with jam etc. I also noticed the beautiful, thick crisp, cotton sheets. Heaven. I shared the room with my son and we were very comfortable. The room is smallish, but well appointed with fridge, micro, table and chairs and two beds (queen and single). Spotlessly clean. Lovely towels. Effective air conditioning which we used in case traffic noise was an issue but I didn't hear much except the train in the morning. We decided to try the pub for dinner: Brady's Railway Hotel. We also received the free drink voucher. I am not really a steak eater but this was some steak. It was super tasty with a great serve of potatoes and veges. It must be one of the best value meals in Australia.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelBug2614
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We've been on a road trip for nearly three weeks and the bed here is the best we have slept in.
It was huge, firm and with crisp cotton sheets
The owner was welcoming and showed us to our room.
The room was spotlessly clean and quiet.
We would recommend this motel, especially as we paid less than $100

Room Tip: Go for a king size bed
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AustralianOnTour
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Travelling from Melbourne to Canberra, we booked this unassuming hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor and Information Centre recommendations. It was great value, as clean as anyone could wish for and with fresh white linen. The room was compact but well laid out. The special deal: king bed and hot breakfast was excellent and the location close to Albury station and shopping centre was ultra-convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends