“Great to see service still exists!”
Review of Clifton Motel

Clifton Motel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Albury
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were booked in here on our way up to Queensland and rang to let them know we were running late for check-in. The lady offered to leave the key and she turned on the air conditioner to warm up the room for us! When we arrived, the room albeit somewhat dated was warm, extremely clean and inviting. We didn't take advantage of the free continental breakfast left for us but it was a nice gesture all the same. The king size bed with its duck feather pillows was extremely comfortable and the quite room afforded us a good sleep. All in all we found both the room and the staff extremely welcoming and would definitely consider staying there again!

Room Tip: Most definitely consider this as a stop off when travelling...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard F

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This place was the cheapest I could find for an overnight stay. It was pretty average. I wouldn't recommend staying here for a holiday that's for sure. I didn't have a problem with it as such, just that it smelt pretty musky and felt uncomfortable. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my own whilst away for 1 night. The room was small but it was all I needed for the night. Bed was comfortable and bathroom and shower were a good size. It was a short walk to the shops and shopping centers and is safe to walk at night. Staff were friendly when checking and out. Cereal and toast for breakfast was good so I didn;t have to worry about breakfast.
After checking out I got home and realised that I did not have a pair of thongs. I phoned the motel and was informed that if they were there I would have been contacted and therefore they were not there. It has been approx 3 weeks since I was there and I have not found my thongs. When leaving this motel make sure that you have EVERYTHING!!

Room Tip: A room at the back is away from the road and very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This motel was close to the exit ramp and having a pub so close made it easy for dinner and relaxation. This motel offered good value for money and I recommend it for a stay.
I am not sure why 200 characters are needed in a review process.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evelyn J
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We had booked a room a week in advance after seeing all the good reviews. We would only be staying over night as we were driving from Sydney to Melbourne.
We arrived just before midnight, reception had arranged for an after hours check in for us which was quick and easy.
The room was very clean and tidy. The bedding was fantastic, with fresh towels and the like in the bathroom.
The only downfall was the fridge didn't work. We were there for less than 7 hours so it wasn't much of a bother.
In all it was s comfortable place for us to get a few hours sleep. Would recommend it to anyone passing through town!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MRyanPhotography
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It is value for money! We are stopping by on the way to Melbourne and this is a convenient location. The room is clean and fresh. Love the stay and will definitely come back to stay when passing next time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling for work all over NSW and VIC for the last two years and every time I return to Albury I simply cannot look past staying at the Clifton motel. Most friendly, well looked after, comfiest and welcoming motel I've stayed in yet over my two years of non stop travel! Very highly recommended. Thanks for being awesome Clifton motel and I look forward to staying here again next time I stop through!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business