“Classy & comfy classic”

Albury Manor House
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Albury
“Classy & comfy classic”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed in a spa suite on our trip from sydney to Melbourne. The spa was great, the room was beautiful with an antique feel.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Eventhough we arrived at 11:30 at night the reception was still open and our room key was waiting for us. The rom was large, maybe a bit tired, but much better than the average counrty motel. Some of the beds and the bathrrom were old but the other beds were very comfortable. The minibar was quite expensive.The breakfast in the restaurant was not very impressive- a small selection of heavy pastries, toast, breakfast cerals. We had to wait for our eggs benedict which was absolutely drenched in ready-made hollandiese and althought the pancakes weer huge, they didn't have much taste. All in all this is not a bad place to stay but definitely not a 4 star accomodation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ancsi50
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Arrived at 10 pm after a long drive from Melbourne to a lovely air-conditioned room and excellent room service. Was a wonderful surprise - was expecting the usual vanilla regional motel chain and was quickly won over by the clean room, which was charmingly furnished with period decor, though the modern touches of huge flatscreen TV, mini-bar and updated bathroom plus spa were much appreciated!

Excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leanne V
Bettystown, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here on our first visit to Albury in May. The treatment we got was top class and the staff were wonderful. We were made feel extremely welcome and no request was too much. We returned to Albury to live in August and again stayed here. We would highly recommend it. The food in the restaurant was wonderful as well

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SianMaloney
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We took advantage of a wotif promotion for 2 adults, 1 child on our trip between Newcastle and Melbourne. Both my wife and I wished we had driven through to Melbourne to stay the night. Our room in the 'Manor' felt tired and had a strange smell that was difficult to adjust to. We often judge motels on their bathrooms/showers and we felt this motel does not live up to its 4 star rating. By the way the wotif deal was at $95 for the room however we were then charged an additional $20 for the extra person. We avoided the restaurant and took advantage of the pizza place up the road 500 metres (not too bad..if a bit shabby). Sought alternate accommodation on our return trip!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2012

If I can avoid it, I prefer to have a stopover on my way from Melbourne to Sydney - naturally if the luxury of time is on my side.

However, on this occasion, I was driving from Ballarat to Sydney which basically adds another two hours to the already given car ride of nine hours between the state's capital cities. Probably a bit too much to ask of your fellow travellers from the UK where a car ride of this length is generally unheard of and short journeys within the UK would involve packing a picnic for consumption en-route.

Having driven over 2,000 kilometres already, I was hardly relishing the prospect of such a long tedious freeway drive myself. I have used the Manor House on several previous trips and felt the time was ripe for a review of this establishment.

As always, The Manor House is devoid of any type of disappointment.

Upon arrival I noticed the secure parking lot was almost full and I had a trailer attached to carry the luggage of four occupants. The management graciously made arrangements for my car and the trailer to be parked within the complex to my complete satisfaction. This had been worrying me since I knew the hotel is popular and that space would be at a premium.

The charming lady at reception merely brushed off this favour as "all part of the service". My biggest concern had been dealt with in a professional, helpful fashion and from there on my hotel experience just got better.

The restaurant is simply superb. The quality of service is very high and my steak was exceptional and cooked to perfection. My partner and her parents also remarked on how much they enjoyed their food which is pleasing and gratifying.

The room we booked was a family room which was split between two levels and afforded every type of modern convenience.

I have travelled all over the world and stayed in hotels in over 30 countries but a prima donna I am not. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect good customer service in this day and age. An establishment only needs to meet reasonable expectations. Clean beds and smiling faces should be the norm not the exception. When my expectations are exceeded and the manner in which they are dealt with is in the spirit of focused personal service, then of course, I will mention this in forums such as TripAdvisor. I am mindful that people visit sites such as these to avail themselves of the best hotel experience whenever they may roam. I'd be a poor world traveller not to share such insight.

Albury has had to cope with a bypass being built around their town which perhaps has had a negative affect on the flow of hotel guests passing through their doors. However, I venture to say The Manor House has ignored such progress and kept on doing what they do best. This would be abiding by the motto on their website: "It feels different here because it is different here".

I could not agree more.

Lip service is a duck walk but actual delivery requires making a concerted effort. When you go the extra mile in keeping your customers happy, well, that's just icing on the cake is it not?

In conclusion, The Manor House should, therefore, warrant serious consideration from weary Hume Highway warriors. It is always refreshing to see that some people know why they ventured into the hotel business in the first place.

I look forward to my next visit very soon this year.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pete1405
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

hi, we have just stayed at the manor house this weekend and what a pleasant experience. the staff were very friendly nothing was a bother, price is so cheap. the restaurant was great we had breakfast there on the first day, great value for money, 2 for the price of 1. Room a great size the balcony is a great idea, your not locked in the room, shopping centre close by good walk. On the way back from melbourne we got the same room, as we had the previous week, on arrival we asked how our trip was, i thought this was a great greeting very personalised. we had 5 days in the mecure in melbourne which is overrated, overpriced,i said i wish i could have picked up the manor house and bought it with us. i will definately stay and the manor house again. i thank the staff and management for 2 wonderful stays. highly recomend. jenny

Room Tip: i personally loved the balcony room