“Okay but would try another hotel next visit”

Estelle Kramer Motor Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Armidale
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly, and the location was close to town. The room was a bit dark and the layout of the hotel a little awkward, especially in terms of parking. Parking for long vehicles (utes, some 4WDs) is a problem. The TV is fixed high on the wall and is glare affected when the room light is on. The heating (old style wall heater... gas?) was impossible to work out (no info in the room) and the bathroom was quite small (shower only). The room was really small for a 'family room' (with only me in it) but the bed was comfortable and the street noise low if you are in the back rooms. There was a constant piping hum through the night which was a little distracting and there was no cutlery/plates even though a toaster and microwave is provided. I probably would stay at another hotel when in Armidale again, just to compare (travel alot for work). Not great, not awful...

Room Tip: Ask for a room down the back (at least room number 8, 9, 10 onwards).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Have stayed here before and wasn't impressed but the new managers are very friendly, helpful and have really improved the place. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Booked with the breafast deal and it was fantastic. Drove an hour back to stay a second night!

Room Tip: I had room 11 and the tv is bigger than my one at home!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed here last minute for work and had a really nice room and spa topped off with a great nights sleep which is just what I needed. Breakfast the next morning was great with good coffee which is very important for me first thing in the morning. Staff were very happy and friendly and I would recommend staying here and will most definately be back again:) Thanks for making me feel at home:)

Room Tip: This motel is right in town but I did not hear sirens or have a distubed sleep, there was no sound f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My husband and I recently travelled to Armidale from South West WA for a few days R & R. We found the hotel managers - Dave and Alison to be absolutely charming and delightful. Both them and their staff were extremely welcoming and they accomodated to our every need, advising us on request of places to eat and visit. (We were not disappointed in the least with any of their advice). Our accomodation was immaculate, comfortable and quiet - all of which were features of upmost importance to us, just what we were looking for. We had a fantastic time and thank the managers and staff. We would recommend the motel to anyone and hope they have a great holiday with as many good memories as what we have returned with. You will not be disappointed !! We will return next year for sure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

The "so call" Deluxe double room is very small. Internet is deadly slow. for $115 per night, I believed that it is not difficult to get another better place to stay in this town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My partner and I have have just returned from backpacking around Australia and had a wonderful stay at the Estelle Kramer, we honestly cannot recommend it enough. Everything was brilliant from the moment we arrived.

If we are ever lucky enough to find to ourselves in a position where we can afford Australia again, we will definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noodledoo2609
Reviewed 9 March 2011

For a university town one would think there should be a standard kept. I realize we got in late but the motel was not in good shape. We stayed in one of the apartments. Sheets smelled, no heat on a cold night and basic cleanliness not there! Time for an upgrade. For a Golden Chain I will think twice before booking now!

• Stayed: March 2011