“Good place to stay”

Governor Macquarie Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed in this motel for 4 nights in March 2014 with a colleague when we were in Bathurst for business. The owner, Wendy, is what makes this establishment shine, she really cares about the comfort and satisfaction of her clients. Upon checking in, we weren't happy with the rooms we were allocated (standard room, I believe they were called). The standard rooms are very small, and did not suit our requirements (we do computer work after hours daily). This booking was in no way the fault of the owners, as the booking was made through AOT (other government employees will understand). After I called AOT, Wendy was more than happy to allocate us to different rooms, and so we stayed in executive suites. The room was large, clean and spacious, with updated furnishings and a king size bed. The bathroom is a bit dated, but the shower was strong with plenty of hot water available. You must remember this is not a shiny, newly built motel, it's established and updated, but well cared for. It was nice room to return to after a long days' work. Plenty of parking, close to the park and off the main road. Walking distance to town. I would stay here again, and will recommend it to my other colleagues (albeit advising them to stay away from the standard rooms!).

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very small. If travelling for business, it's worth selecting a higher lev...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My room was called 'deluxe' and by that measure I wouldn't want to stay in anything less. The staff were amazingly friendly and the motel a close walk to the town centre. However, the overwhelming smell of carpet freshener and other artificial scents nearly knocked me over when I entered my room. The furnishings were old and tired and the bathroom very dated but as I was only there for a night I wasn't too worried. I had the best night's sleep in ages. The block out curtains and the fact that the motel was away from the main road meant that there were no distractions at all. Breakfast was included in the tariff and was most adequate. I would stay there again for business and for a night at a time but nothing more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Friendly staff, good sized room with comfortable bed, tea and coffee, hair dryer etc. had a good nights sleep, ample parking with security. Breakfast was basic but sufficient. Overall very good. Room was up a small flight of outdoor steps. Used the laundry room, basic but no fee.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monenaManchester
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed 1 night in a fairly large room, it was fairly quiet and very clean. We choose this hotel for its off the main road location and free WiFi access.
The only time I had good WiFi access was by standing on the outside walkway, in the room I had to hold my phone very close to the window to get reasonable reception.
Besides the lousy WIFI access (which meant a LOT to me) the stay was good.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi access ask for a room where you get good reception, else stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 December 2013

From the first moment walking into the reception it had a nice feel - guy at reception was there when we arrived and there when we left - so professional and friendly! After having a bad experience earlier in the week in Bathurst we asked for an inspection prior to booking in - our room was roomy, clean, and linen so clean and pressed, bed comfortable....towels were WHITE AS and SOFT. Furniture was in theme with the name and a 45" TV. Off the main street, room was quiet even with a couple of groups of guys around us. Lucky to get a special pricing, also included a "complimentary continental breakfast" which was the best with fresh juices & percolated coffee, local bread and fruits. Believe they are available 24 hours if your late in. Loved the wall dispensers with shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, shaving cream and soap - great idea!
Only downfall was steps - Already planning on returning in Autumn. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria O
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were greeted warmly,and on being told by my husband that it was my birthday were given some wine and two roses!!! We stayed 4 nights and because of its central location were able to walk to several of the restaurants in the town for dinner.During the day we explored the area around Bathurst.The room was an Executive room and quite comfortable.We had free wifi, a simple breakfast (which was all we required) and slept soundly in a very comfortable bed after some busy days. Both Wendy and Luke were very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for one night 16/11/13 to attend a family gathering across the road at the Panorama City Hotel. Our room was clean, bed comfortable, shower pressure really good. We booked a standard room prior to our visit and check in was easy. The room itself was good - plenty of space for storage &/or relaxing. Didn't even get time to try the TV but aircon worked fine - had no noise problems either so had a good night's sleep after a long drive. Would stay here again. Think the tariffs are possibly a little steep for this time of year but we think all the motels in Bathurst are about the same whereas motels in Forster at this time of year, average out at about $90/night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple