“Country comfort”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Canberra, Australia
“Country comfort”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This is a fairly conventional country town motel but rooms are a good size, very clean & warm although the toilet/shower room is very small. The bed was very comfortable & the location just down a side street from the main highway ensures quietness. A good feature was the included breakfast in a very reasonable price. Hard to go wrong for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are upstairs and all would share this quiet location.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had an overnight stay in one of the smaller rooms (not renovated) but for under $100 for the night it was a comfortable room. Convenient location, clean room and bathroom. For a budget room it was fine but if you wanted something with a bit more "elbow room" it would be worth asking for a larger renovated room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debby M
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Comfortable bed. Very well located central to main area of town but off the main road and was very quiet.Staff and service excellent and very helpful with travel directions.
Continental breakfast provided in lovely dining room with fire and lounges and local papers provided. bathroom was a little small only reservation.

Room Tip: all good rooms re noise . some up stairs so ground floor better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our tour members stay here on our Road to Bathurst Tour. It's good value and conveniently located. Rooms are comfortable and the continental breakfast quite filling. Staff are polite and helpful. We will continue to patronise this inn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Cessnock, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I had a 1 night stay at
This Motel over the weekend for my cousins 21st Birthday.Upon Check in we werent given very much information regarding our stay , We had a continental breakfast included in our accomodation which we were unable to have as we weren't notified what time we had to be down at the Restaurant , We only found out when my partner went and asked at Reception the morning we were checking out but by this time it was to late to be able to have breakfast.Another thing is there is no designated parking spots you just have to park as close as you can to your room and even if you do get a parking spot out the front of your room if you go out somewhere there may be limited spots when you get back.Just after my partner and I had checked into our room I was reading through the information booklet notifying you about what you need to know about your room and it had stated in the information booklet as well as the online booking it states there are 10 Foxtel channels and that you had to press certain buttons on the remote to get the Foxtel channels but we were unable to work this out ,2
good things about the room is the air conditioning which kept the room nice and warm while we were out,
Also the bed has electric blankets but we were unable to use ours as the powerpoint was faulty but the bed was allready pretty warm from the aircon as it was just above the bed.Downfall (Small rooms) my bedroom at home is bigger than the room we stayed in.If you only want it for an overnight stay like my partner and I did then its not to bad of a place to stay but I wouldn't recommend it for a long stay unless
you are able to get a renovated room.Also if anyone is planning on staying here just make sure you ask plenty of questions when you get to reception otherwise you may not find out any information that you may need.ok for an overnight stay but wouldn't recommend it for families.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank PrincessNa
Coomera, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

On check-in, the guy at reception was not exactly chatty or friendly. Changed my room key 3 times before finally settling on the right one (not sure what that was about!). No explanations of anything & I had to specifically ask to get answers - such simple things as: where is my room?; where do I park my car? The room itself is very, very dated & looks old and tired. The size was reasonable. If the blinds aren't drawn at night, the outside lights will keep you awake - they are not turned off at night. The location is good, being within easy walk of restaurants, cafes, bars, etc. It is also very quiet, being in a side street off the highway. In my opinion, the location & quietness are the only things going for this place. The bed was hard & the pillows lumpy. I will be looking for better places next time I go to Bathurst. I think the best thing that can be done for this place is to knock it down and rebuild it!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AustralianDuk
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Coming from sydney, my family of 5 stayed overnight for our sons soccer game. We weren't expecting much from this place especially because it was a great price, but as we entered our newly renovated, heated room we were delighted. Honestly have stayed in 5 star hotels that were not as good as this. All modern amenities, roomy space, comfortable bedding and matteress ( sad I forgot to use the heated bedding!) large shower, above all very clean!! Great central location off the highway. Nice free buffet breakfast in a lovely room with a fireplace and tv lounge. Lovely staff. Free wifi so the kids were happy. Overall a very comfortable overnight stay with all that we needed. Ask for a renovated room , our room was 36.

• Stayed August 2014