“Unique”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Sydney, Australia
“Unique”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

A really unique place to stay right on the Mt Panorama circuit. Excellent room, although shower leak on to floor was annoying. Balcony overlooking racetrack fantastic. Restaurant for dinner very good, staff worked hard to make it a good night. Breakfast good. Reception staff good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hi WarrenSmith and thank you for the great review. Great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of you stay, we will act on the shower leak to ensure we can get a perfect score next time you come through.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed during Christmas and was surprised by firstly no response to an email sent to the manager prior to arriving re a problem with their booking details not matching the deal offered. As a priority rewards member I have stayed here before but this time the experience was not as good as expected. I was given a room which opens directly on to the ground level and my partner was concerned about security so requested that we be moved. Although the hotel was nearly empty we were told this was not possible. I am not sure if the staff were happy working over Christmas but it certainly felt like it. We did use the pool area and the spa was not working and there were no umbrellas to shade the lounges so could not stay long due to the sun. My son lives in Bathurst and I was going to have the family up for dinner at Chicane but decided to go elsewhere after considering the general attitude might flow to the dinning room. This Rydges is usually a great choice if staying in Bathurst but this time I left a little concerned. I was looking at booking a number of rooms for wedding in September but will now consider looking on Stayz for a house. Have stayed at Marple Lodge and Plantation which were both fantastic so we will see. I will be visiting Bathurst more often now so hopefully this experience is a one off.

Room Tip: Higher rooms with individual balconies best
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hi John M and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It is good to hear you have a high opinion of the hotel, but disappointing that on this stay we may have missed the mark. The spa has been fixed (again) since your stay, unfortunately we had some more issues with it at the end of last year during your stay at the hotel. It is disappointing you didn't give Chicane a go as we had some rave reviews over this period.

I hope you will consider us for your stay in September, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lithgow, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I and our daughter who was 8 at the time stayed here on a Weekend night with a close family friend. We booked the Three Bedroom apartment as we wanted to spend the night together catching up as our friend does not live in the same town as us...Around $400 for one night.. Firstly we booked into our room the air conditioning didnt work, so we were move (apparently better rooms) which were studio rooms, my husband and daughter in one and me and my friend in another...which was unsatisfactory in my books. The night was meant spent all in one room, the studio apartments were a bit small to have all four of us in one room... Although I will say the rooms were very nice as far as cleanliness and decor.. We then went to check out the pool, arnt the pictures beautiful of this area, well on inspection we found the pool GREEN and the spa had an old piece of ply wood thrown over it (so not working)...I went to reception and informed them of the pool and asked why the fountain that is shown on the pictures that go into the pool arnt on... SHE told me that there was no pictures on the fountain on the internet and that it didnt exist....I told her I was just looking at it!!!! She still denied any sort of problem with the pool area.. Hence 8 year old daughter shattered... Night Spoilt.... Next morning as I am an early riser I went to get the kettle out of the cupboard and the coffee (love my coffee!!!) No Real Coffee, so hence I went to reception again and asked for real Coffee not DECAF, they told me that they have been out for a few weeks, if I could find a cleaner they might be able to help me... This place is huge so I get an idea off the receptionist to where I find the cleaners (absolutely beautiful women) after much looking found me two satchels... Next morning buffet Breakfast was nice cant complain..... On checking out I again told the staff how the night (which was very expensive stay) how disappointed I was with the stay...I was offered nothing not even a free cuppa, not even anywhere to write down my thoughts...So I have written it here after months thinking whether I should.. Although I dont want anyone wasting there money on this place.....It could be so beautiful....BUT ISNT....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Isabel S
Hi Isabel S, and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I must apologise for what seems to be shortfalls in our service. Regarding the maintenance issues, these issues have been fixed since your stay in February of last year.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with extended family, it was fantastic. We chose 3 rooms on the bottom floor which you could walk out onto the grass. Bonus with these rooms was your own, "squeezy" garage. Had tea in the Chicane Restaurant, service was great and the food lovely. Would love to see the "buzz" when the big race is on, but while we were there it was lovely and quiet. Walked down to the racing museum, so it was very handy to that.
We were Priority members, but my husband forgot to use the card!!!
Will definitely stay again....Loved it...

Room Tip: Remember- rooms that front onto the grassed area can only be accessed via stairs and how you actuall...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Rydges Mount Panorama Bathurst, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi tads81 and thank you for the great review. Sounds like you and your family had a great stay, the level one rooms are ideal for groups staying together. Great to hear another good experience in in Chicane over summer.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I use to go at Rydges hotels when I travel for work, and the RMPB is really excellent. We stayed one night with family in a Delux Studio, very well equiped and with a spa, and fortunatly air con. A sort of small kitchen is welcome in this studio. Nice and original view from the private balcony. I became a priority guest and it is a plus. The staff members are professional and friendly. The restaurant Chicane and its bar are serving excellent drinks and food. The service is really perfect. Chicane restaurant is among the best restaurant I have been with family since I am in Australia. The swimming pool is small and that day the water was not really clean and spa not functioning. The floor around the swimming pool is slippery, it is dangerous I suppose, I fell down. The parking is very practical. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hi Alain55_13 and thank you for the great review. Thank you for the kind comments about Chicane, that is a very high rating! Great to hear also you are a loyal Rydges traveler.

brisbane
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Shared a two bedroom apartment with friends. Became a Priority member which had some discounts to go with it which was good. Place is nice and quiet and beautiful country views. Probably a bit busier when race on etc.Hotel pretty good -apartment lovely, great view, balcony - be beautiful in winter - western sun a little hot, thank god we had airconditioning. Apartment probably could do with say some paintings/photos on wall to brighten up room but generally the apartment is lovely. Pool area - spa not working, pool a little dirty but it was afternoon so have to expect that. Restaurant was great. Food great and the best service. It was a pleasure dining there and for the waitress to explain the meals as per what the chef wants you to experience in food was fantastic - shows good teamwork between chef and staff. Well done chef and waitresses - great work!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hi tonesBrisbane and thank you for taking the time to review. I appreciate your feedback regarding the 2 bedroom apartment, these rooms have only been open for 3 months so good to hear you enjoyed it, albeit some work to be done on the look and feel of the room. Great to hear about the great experience in the restaurant, and team work very hard there to ensure a great dining experience.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights. Our room was spacious with a great view of the track. The hotel restaurant was very nice and the service there was excellent. We walked the track early one morning before it got too hot. It took about 1 3/4 hrs but that was allowing for lots of photo stops etc. Quite enjoyable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Kiwi_travel1 and thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Great to read you enjoyed the entire experience at Mount Panorama, the walk around and our food and service in Chicane!