“I waited till I calmed down”
Review of Busy Buzz

Busy Buzz
Busy Buzz
Ranked #17 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Cairns, Australia
“I waited till I calmed down”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Months and months ago but I had to say something...... I read the other reviews and I know it wasnt just me... Don't..... just DON'T.

Yes it is clean. The bed was comfortable and if the owner did not live there it wouldnt be all that bad. But she does.

RUN

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ChineseLaundry

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Having stayed at this appaling place i felt complelled to write a review to recommend to everyone do not stay at this B&B if you could call it that . From the moment we arrived it just went from bad to worse , starting with being barked at to close the sliding door before you even stepped in the house , the layout of the house makes it impossible to have any pivacy but the main issue is Betty she is simply a tyrant and at best rude , she is does not know how to speak to people in a pleasant manner or have any idea about customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank andrew M

Travellers are raving about these Bathurst hotels

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed one night at this establishment and found the accomadation clean and comfortable. The position was good in a quiet residential street and the other guests were thoughtfull and courtious. The breakfast was well cooked and plentiful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Allan H
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Betty should be known as 'Margie'
The iron lady she is.
Nothing is too much trouble as long as you don't do anything that might put her out.
For goodness sake don't get up early for Breakfast. It's 7.30 am you know.
NOT 7.15am. Stay in your room till it is ready or your in trouble.
Poor Phil (hubby) no wonder he turns his hearing aids off.
Don't use too many towels or bath matts & for goodness sakes, don't turn on any lights.
Do your self a favour 'DO NOT STAY HERE'
It is just a big house that an old lady makes a motsa out of on the side.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank James B
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed with my partner and daughter when I needed to be in Bathurst for residential school at the university while I was studying. This was over a year ago but I wanted to provide a review as I really feel our experience warrants mentioning for future potential guests.

We had a horribly uncomfortable stay as we felt continually watched by the female owner of the house. We also hadn't quite realised before staying that we would be staying in the owners' home, where they too lived, and shared a kitchen.

Prior to booking I had asked whether the accommodation was suitable for us as a small family with a toddler. I was assured this wasn't a problem. I had mentioned that my partner would need to be around during the day so our daughter could have daytime sleeps. However when we stayed this was extremely awkward, as the owner actually spent the day approaching my partner and offering unsolicited parenting tips, and- at one point- telling him off for opening the blinds in the "guest lounge", as this may upset other guests (there was no one but us staying)

When we arrived she showed us around the kitchen and pointed out all the things we weren't to touch while staying. She pointed out the TV in the kitchen area and told us to make use of it. That evening my partner turned the TV on and was watching it for two minutes before the owner suddenly marched out from her end of the house, grabbed the control out of my partner's hand, saying "I'm going to have to take this now" and turned the TV off. At this point I told the owner how uncomfortable we were with staying, and that we were unhappy with being spoken to in a patronising manner. As we were booked for another two nights I requested half of my money back so we could relocate to a motel. The owner initially refused, claiming she had had to refuse other bookings for us so we could not have any money returned. I pointed out that there had been no other guests so far in the other room, and the owner then agreed to return 50% of the money I had paid for 3 nights, having only stayed one. This experience has actually put me off bed and breakfasts. It is the worst accommodation experience I have ever had, and I have stayed in quite a variety of motels etc while travelling for work and for my own enjoyment. I would avoid this place if you would like an enjoyable and unwatched trip! I felt very stressed by this experience. I felt I was treated like a potential criminal/ delinquent child while paying for the pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank rbro6610
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Instead of arranging everything properly, host preaches on how to use bathroom, sink, parking etc as soon as you arrive. Layout of house makes privacy absolutely impossible, also no noise isolation in rooms. Asked for non-smoking, but had my bedroom filled with smoke right before going to bed. Had to share bathroom with other guests, though was initially assured that we are the only guests and there'll be no discomfort for us with bathroom. It's way cheaper than other B&B around, but believe me, your good spirits are not worth it. Was very very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple