Quality Hotel Bathurst
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$90
US$106
US$101
Agoda.com
Gold Panner Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
US$91
Governor Macquarie Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
Agoda.com
Ben Chifley Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$77
US$94
US$91
Hotwire.com
US$95
US$88
Agoda.com
Bathurst Heritage Motor Inn(Bathurst)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolpancake machineincluded breakfastpower pointsking roomfresh milkstayed here for one nightnight stayhot breakfastgood sizefree wifilong drivebusiness tripplenty of parkingthe main roadbed was very comfortableshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Unfortunately, I did not have the same experience as many did on here. I am starting to think I may have stayed at a different hotel...because if this is the 2nd best property in Bathurst then there are some real issues.

Check in went ok. The receptionist was friendly enough but didn't really seem to know a lot. She said that breakfast wasn't included in my rate (I seemed to think it was but didn't have my paperwork on me). Having said that, I wasn't that concerned - but was not prepared to pay $25 for bacon and eggs. Yes $25 for breakfast..That is 5 Star hotel prices.

Then there was the complimentary Gym use issue nearby. I was sent to a Gym the Hotel used to use...but no longer. Its a shame that the receptionist didn't tell me that because by the time the mistake was discovered, it was too late to use their new gym. The new gym that they have passes for isn't just down the road, but a good 4km or so drive.

Then there was the Sauna & Pool Issue. They advertise as the only hotel in Bathurst with a sauna (one of the reasons I picked this property). Don't hold your breath on that one. The receptionist said she thought it was out of order. In actual fact the 'Infered Sauna' (not the real deal) was missing a panel and the door, the roof was peeling off - and looked like it hadn't worked in months. Very Disappointing and misleading. The indoor pool was a bit on the small side and I would say not the cleanest pool I have seen. A much better option is the beautiful 12 month old Aquatic center in Bathurst...a short 5 min drive and only $6 entry.

The next problem is the 'clientele'. On the Saturday I arrived, at night there would've been approximately 6 'car park' parties going on (A group of adults with deckchairs occupying a car spot drinking large amounts of alcohol). It really did feel like I was staying in a Caravan Park...so you would be forgiven if you thought you were in Bogan Paradise.

The upstairs rooms (the majority of rooms) have an internal hall to access rooms. So you can imagine, with a fully booked motel - and unsupervised kids...the hall was used as a race track. You can hear EVERY door closing, kid screaming from your room. Luckily, after the sugar fix wore off - things settled down by about 1.00 am...Only to start up again at around 6.30 am the next morning for the Breakfast / Checkout rush.

The room itself is adequate. I will say the bed is very comfortable. The room is partly renovated with a mix of some new furniture and old fittings (wardrobe / bathroom etc). Basically a quick makeover job with out dated bathrooms.

The restaurant...well its hard to tell. Some nights (and mornings) it was open, some - not. I think it depended on occupancy rates. Much better options in the town center (especially for Breakfast).

I did stay a couple more nights, and when the 'Caravan Crowd and the Bikies' cleared out (yes forgot to mention the beautiful sound of being woken up by the sound of half a dozen Harley's starting up early in the morning)...it was actually quiet for one night. Through no fault of the motels...the 3rd night - They started to do nightshift roadworks directly in front of the hotel for a week. And where do you think they decided to put the Noisy Lighting generator?? Correct.

All in all - this is an expensive place to stay considering all the services / amenities they say they offer, and charge for - They Don't. Looking at other motels in Bathurst, You would be far better with the cheaper alternatives and if you decide you wanted options like Gyms / Pools / Reasonably Priced Food / Clean Quiet Rooms...You will still be better off.

Definitely give this property a BIG miss.

Room Tip: Avoid an upstairs room to avoid internal corridor noise. DONT STAY THERE ON A WEEKEND.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gringoAustralia
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing to see that you did not have the same experiences as the majority of our guests.

The renovations of our hotel are ongoing in. We have re-furbished over 90% of our rooms and 70% of our bathrooms. The refurbishments to the rooms include all new furniture, new carpet they are all freshly painted. Our bathrooms will all become 'wet rooms' by the end of the year. However due to having such high occupancy these have to be done gradually as often can take considerable time to complete.

Although breakfast was not included in your rate our continental breakfast is $16 per person. This includes fresh danishes, crossaints, homemade muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, homemade museli, a pancake machine, a coffee machine, yoghurts, bread/s, muffins and crumpets. The $25 includes all of the previous as well as a hot breakfast cooked by our chef. For example a celsius big breakfast with bacon, eggs cooked to your liking, tomatos, mushrooms and much more.

We are the only hotel in Bathurst that offer the use of a fully functional gym with classes and a lap pool and state of art equipment. The gym is located exactly 2.3km from our hotel. This is complimentary to all of our guests.

Our pool is cleaned and maintained in accordance with council procedures. Again we are the ONLY hotel in Bathurst that has a heated indoor pool available for use all year round. Our spa is unfortunately out of action and will continue to be so until we receive a part from overseas. Our Sauna is brand new, so therefore is not pealing from the roof and is not missing a door. The acquatic centre in Bathurst is situated 3.4km away and is was built over 7 years ago. Their cost for full entry is $9.60 for full use of their pool and spa. It is not 12 months old.

Our restuarant is open 6 days a week. We close Sunday evenings and some Monday mornings. We also close for a 4 week period over Christmas and New Year. Our hours are subject to vary like all restaurants over quieter periods.

As for our clientelle we find this rather judgemental. We treat all our guests with the respect that they deserve. We did have a sporting team in house and many of the parents sat outside their room/s on deck chairs and socialised amongst each other. In fact guests who were not a part of their group even joined them. They were inside their rooms by 8.15pm and we felt caused no major disruption to our other clientelle. Our weekends are mostly occupied by leisure guests and our weekdays by a mixture of corpate and leisure. Their was also a bike show on in Bathurst the weekend you stay and as stated we welcome all our guests with the same friendly smile. Their would have been motor cycle groups in every hotel on this weekend as hundreds of them descended on our town for this special occasion.

Unfortunately road works do have to occur and we were most disappointed with the positioning of the lighting generator - however this is a one of and will not occur again.

We pride ourselves on welcoming our return guests and offering many more facilities than other hotels in town. We are also one of only 3 officially rated AAA 4 star properties in Bathurst and make considerable effort to maintain this rating.

We thank you for taking the time to do a review of the hotel however do find some of your comments incorrect, others we will take on board and attempt to rectify.

Thankyou again and Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I have a daughter studying at Charles Sturt University. For the past year when we visit we have chosen to stay at Quality Hotel Bathurst. It has become our "home away from home" Nothing is ever a bother, Friendly service and Great staff. The rooms are very clean, well furnished and comfortable. Breakfast included in the room rate is a bunus, we love the spread you provide. Thank you Alison, Paul and staff for your proffessionalism we always feel welcome. looking forward to many more stays over the next two years.... wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: We always stay in which ever room is available. Probably used them all and have been happy everytime!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased with your feedback and will pass it along to our staff.

We have many guests who stay with us regularly and we like to recognise their patronage to us - yours is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I and our 9 year old daughter stay at the Quality Inn at Bathurst on a regular basis. We have stayed in the basic room up the Spa Room as well as The Neil Crompton Suite. The staff here are so friendly, I even love Isabel the little dog who welcomes you on arrival.. We always eat at the restuarant for dinner and the meals are always top quality.. I took my mum there for a visit she is vegan and yes the restuarant made her a dish from stratch that she like very much... The breakfast is lovely included always in the price of the room.. for a small fee you can upgrade to the cooked breakfast.. My daughter loves the pool always heated to a perfect temperature and always clean, mum really like the big 6 seater spa...My husband and daughter took me for a night here for my birthday last October, to my suprise My husband had organise with the staff 12 red roses champange and chocolates...He said one phone call was all it took... In the end Management through in the champange and chocolates as a gift.. How lovely... Oh they even organised a surprise birthday cake for Dinner.. Just love this place must go for another visit soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us. We clearly remember this as such as special occasion and were so grateful to be a part of it with your beautiful family.

We aim to offer first class facilities to our guests - we are the only hotel in Bathurst with an indoor heated pool and spa making it usable 12 months of the year. We are pleased that you take the time to enjoy our pool and spa.

Breakfast is something we have worked very hard at to make special. We know the kids love the pancake machine and mum's and dad's the coffee machine. We charge $10 for an upgrade to a hot breakfast ranging from poached eggs and bacon to our famous Celsius big breakfast.

Arranging the flowers etc for your husband was not a chore - we love being able to assist our guests in any way possible especially when the occasion is a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Bathurst Quality last night - our stay was really good. The room was quite and was refurbished, the bed very soft, and the ammentities up to date at a reasonable price of $ 129,with a continental breakfast included.

This is the best motel that we have stayed in at Bathurst. The staff were polite and very accomodating.

Thank you Quality Bathurst for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room with lounge.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate feedback from all guests and particularly from senior reviewers on trip advisor. We will pass your lovely comments along to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again. We have recently painted the outside of our building so we look forward to you seeing the finished product.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The first problem we had was our room was not made up, we checked in and were given our keys to enter a dirty room. When I went back to reception there was a large dog hanging around the foyer, at first I thought it was a stray until the receptionist called out to it. The receptionist was very apologetic about the room and gave us an upgrade.
Breakfast the next day was average, the pancake maker was broken until my husband asked about it and a new bag of mix was put in the machine. I wont stay here again, the only really good thing was its closer to town than the Rydges.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LucyOrangeNSW

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We certainly apologise to you for the mix up with your room on check in. I am pleased that we were able to upgrade you. Human error can occur from time to time - however I will investigate how this came to occur.

The LARGE dog at reception is a local dog that lives several door down from us. It is prone to escaping and we often find if at our hotel. As the hotel is on a main road we keep the dog and contact the owners to ensure that no ill harm is bought to the dog. Thus the reason we know the name etc of the animal.

Our breakfast is known to be extremely popular with our guests. The pancake machine does need to be re-filled and we do check in consistantly however there are times when the guest will notice it before us. It was not broken it simply requires re-filling - I am pleased that you were able to use the machine after our chef re-filled it.

If you would like to contact me personally in regards to the issues with your stay I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I am unable to publish any email addresses etc on this site but you can find them on our website.

Again thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.