“Another amazing stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia
“Another amazing stay”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have just stayed at my fav hotel for three nights and every time I stay there the service just gets better. Ali & Paul are wonderful managers, how many places do you stay where the manager gives you a lift into town to save you paying for a taxi? Not many. I had meals from the Celsius restaurant every night and they arrived at my room hot and fresh and delivered with a smile. Special mention to Rachel and Craig, wonderful receptionists that are so friendly and really go above and beyond to make sure that their guests have the best stay, they both are credits to the hospitality industry. Also I would like to mention my housekeeper Eryn, what a lovely, sweet young lady. Her attention to detail was great. Also Sandy that was serving breakfast in the restaurant could not of been more friendly. I really didn't want to leave but I had to come home sometime. I will be going back to Bathurst in the next couple of weeks and I would not stay anywhere else, 10 out of 10 for everything.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jolina G
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us.

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated and we will be sure to pass them along to the staff.

Nothing is ever an issue with a request from our guests and we attend to every need we can.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Ali Simms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel during the Bathurst 12 Hour race weekend. We found the hotel was well run, had some of the friendliest staff we have ever come across and nothing was too much trouble for them. The restaurant served a well-stocked continental breakfast (with optional upgrade to a full cooked one for $9.00) and the evening meals were very good quality and value. We have made a booking for the same event next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us over the Bathurst 12 hour race. We appreciate all comments and feedback from our guests.

We do offer a full continental breakfast with most rates which includes fresh crossaints, danishes and homemade muffins. Along with cereals, bread (including gluten free options), fresh fruits, a pancake and coffee machine. For just $9 you can order whatever you like off our hot breakfast menu - including our Celcius big breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatos, bread/s, mushrooms and more - it makes for a great start to the day.

We look forward to welcoming you and your son back to our hotel in the future.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was our second trip to Bathurst staying at the Quality Hotel. Perfectly positioned close to Mount Panorama and the town centre. The Managers, Paul & Alison were caring and attentive and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are well proportioned with space to move around. The bathrooms have been refurbished and are well appointed. The bed was devine, so comfortable and to have a choice between firm and soft pillows was great. We plan on returning again next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with. We are pleased to see that our guests are returning.

our renovations are on-going and whilst we still have about 10 bathrooms to refurbish we are almost complete with the rooms themselves. We have also recently painted the entire outside of the buidling making it look so much more fresh and modern and will shortly commence on the pool area (re-painting it and installing a new sauna).

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2015.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you're going to have dinner here, don't order the Caesar Salad and especially don't ask for extra anchovies. The chef brought out a bowl of about 50 anchovies and slammed them down in front of me. Given that chefs are a bit "out there" and have access to knives, I'm generally a tad forgiving considering the pressures they work under.
I was in Bathurst on business and a number of colleagues were also staying here. When I entered reception to settle my bill, a few of my colleagues were doing just that. There appeared to be some misunderstanding around some outstanding items ordered at dinner the night before. This sort of thing can happen with a large dinner group and whereas we were happy to explore options for settling the outstandings, the owner became extremely rude and aggressive. The bill was settled but not before she had become a screaming, abusive and clearly unhinged individual. The operators of this motel are clearly not comfortable in serving the general public. At least Basil Fawlty was amusing in his dysfunctionality. Avoid this motel at all costs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Gamechange
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We thank all our trip advisor reviews for their feedback and contribution to our hotel. We value the opinions of all our reviewers and as you can see from all our posted responses we are extremely diplomatic in all cases.

That said, this is one of those occasions where we cannot be. This review is vexacious, vicous and full of untruths. We will be taking it up with the company that the individual represents.

Dubbo, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

As a regular business traveller to the Bathurst area I have stayed at a number of different hotels here. the Quality Hotel Bathurst has become my first choice for accommodation when in Bathurst. The management & staff are always friendly, very welcoming & always helpful. The rooms are clean, tidy & comfortable & more than adequately appointed. The restaurant offers a good variety of meals at reasonable prices & I always enjoy my meal when either dining in the restaurant or ordering room service.
Overall, I always enjoy my stays here & have no hesitation in recommending The Quality Hotel Bathurst as a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel.

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. We have worked hard on our evening menu's to make sure we cater to all guests need, ensuring there is something for everyone on our menu. We also offer room service which like yourself many guests take advantage of.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Unfortunately, I did not have the same experience as many did on here. I am starting to think I may have stayed at a different hotel...because if this is the 2nd best property in Bathurst then there are some real issues.

Check in went ok. The receptionist was friendly enough but didn't really seem to know a lot. She said that breakfast wasn't included in my rate (I seemed to think it was but didn't have my paperwork on me). Having said that, I wasn't that concerned - but was not prepared to pay $25 for bacon and eggs. Yes $25 for breakfast..That is 5 Star hotel prices.

Then there was the complimentary Gym use issue nearby. I was sent to a Gym the Hotel used to use...but no longer. Its a shame that the receptionist didn't tell me that because by the time the mistake was discovered, it was too late to use their new gym. The new gym that they have passes for isn't just down the road, but a good 4km or so drive.

Then there was the Sauna & Pool Issue. They advertise as the only hotel in Bathurst with a sauna (one of the reasons I picked this property). Don't hold your breath on that one. The receptionist said she thought it was out of order. In actual fact the 'Infered Sauna' (not the real deal) was missing a panel and the door, the roof was peeling off - and looked like it hadn't worked in months. Very Disappointing and misleading. The indoor pool was a bit on the small side and I would say not the cleanest pool I have seen. A much better option is the beautiful 12 month old Aquatic center in Bathurst...a short 5 min drive and only $6 entry.

The next problem is the 'clientele'. On the Saturday I arrived, at night there would've been approximately 6 'car park' parties going on (A group of adults with deckchairs occupying a car spot drinking large amounts of alcohol). It really did feel like I was staying in a Caravan Park...so you would be forgiven if you thought you were in Bogan Paradise.

The upstairs rooms (the majority of rooms) have an internal hall to access rooms. So you can imagine, with a fully booked motel - and unsupervised kids...the hall was used as a race track. You can hear EVERY door closing, kid screaming from your room. Luckily, after the sugar fix wore off - things settled down by about 1.00 am...Only to start up again at around 6.30 am the next morning for the Breakfast / Checkout rush.

The room itself is adequate. I will say the bed is very comfortable. The room is partly renovated with a mix of some new furniture and old fittings (wardrobe / bathroom etc). Basically a quick makeover job with out dated bathrooms.

The restaurant...well its hard to tell. Some nights (and mornings) it was open, some - not. I think it depended on occupancy rates. Much better options in the town center (especially for Breakfast).

I did stay a couple more nights, and when the 'Caravan Crowd and the Bikies' cleared out (yes forgot to mention the beautiful sound of being woken up by the sound of half a dozen Harley's starting up early in the morning)...it was actually quiet for one night. Through no fault of the motels...the 3rd night - They started to do nightshift roadworks directly in front of the hotel for a week. And where do you think they decided to put the Noisy Lighting generator?? Correct.

All in all - this is an expensive place to stay considering all the services / amenities they say they offer, and charge for - They Don't. Looking at other motels in Bathurst, You would be far better with the cheaper alternatives and if you decide you wanted options like Gyms / Pools / Reasonably Priced Food / Clean Quiet Rooms...You will still be better off.

Definitely give this property a BIG miss.

Room Tip: Avoid an upstairs room to avoid internal corridor noise. DONT STAY THERE ON A WEEKEND.
2 Thank gringoAustralia
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing to see that you did not have the same experiences as the majority of our guests.

The renovations of our hotel are ongoing in. We have re-furbished over 90% of our rooms and 70% of our bathrooms. The refurbishments to the rooms include all new furniture, new carpet they are all freshly painted. Our bathrooms will all become 'wet rooms' by the end of the year. However due to having such high occupancy these have to be done gradually as often can take considerable time to complete.

Although breakfast was not included in your rate our continental breakfast is $16 per person. This includes fresh danishes, crossaints, homemade muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, homemade museli, a pancake machine, a coffee machine, yoghurts, bread/s, muffins and crumpets. The $25 includes all of the previous as well as a hot breakfast cooked by our chef. For example a celsius big breakfast with bacon, eggs cooked to your liking, tomatos, mushrooms and much more.

We are the only hotel in Bathurst that offer the use of a fully functional gym with classes and a lap pool and state of art equipment. The gym is located exactly 2.3km from our hotel. This is complimentary to all of our guests.

Our pool is cleaned and maintained in accordance with council procedures. Again we are the ONLY hotel in Bathurst that has a heated indoor pool available for use all year round. Our spa is unfortunately out of action and will continue to be so until we receive a part from overseas. Our Sauna is brand new, so therefore is not pealing from the roof and is not missing a door. The acquatic centre in Bathurst is situated 3.4km away and is was built over 7 years ago. Their cost for full entry is $9.60 for full use of their pool and spa. It is not 12 months old.

Our restuarant is open 6 days a week. We close Sunday evenings and some Monday mornings. We also close for a 4 week period over Christmas and New Year. Our hours are subject to vary like all restaurants over quieter periods.

As for our clientelle we find this rather judgemental. We treat all our guests with the respect that they deserve. We did have a sporting team in house and many of the parents sat outside their room/s on deck chairs and socialised amongst each other. In fact guests who were not a part of their group even joined them. They were inside their rooms by 8.15pm and we felt caused no major disruption to our other clientelle. Our weekends are mostly occupied by leisure guests and our weekdays by a mixture of corpate and leisure. Their was also a bike show on in Bathurst the weekend you stay and as stated we welcome all our guests with the same friendly smile. Their would have been motor cycle groups in every hotel on this weekend as hundreds of them descended on our town for this special occasion.

Unfortunately road works do have to occur and we were most disappointed with the positioning of the lighting generator - however this is a one of and will not occur again.

We pride ourselves on welcoming our return guests and offering many more facilities than other hotels in town. We are also one of only 3 officially rated AAA 4 star properties in Bathurst and make considerable effort to maintain this rating.

We thank you for taking the time to do a review of the hotel however do find some of your comments incorrect, others we will take on board and attempt to rectify.

Thankyou again and Kind Regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I have a daughter studying at Charles Sturt University. For the past year when we visit we have chosen to stay at Quality Hotel Bathurst. It has become our "home away from home" Nothing is ever a bother, Friendly service and Great staff. The rooms are very clean, well furnished and comfortable. Breakfast included in the room rate is a bunus, we love the spread you provide. Thank you Alison, Paul and staff for your proffessionalism we always feel welcome. looking forward to many more stays over the next two years.... wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: We always stay in which ever room is available. Probably used them all and have been happy everytime...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
QualityBathurst, Manager at Quality Hotel Bathurst, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us. We are so pleased with your feedback and will pass it along to our staff.

We have many guests who stay with us regularly and we like to recognise their patronage to us - yours is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.