“Great everything ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 117 Restaurants in Bathurst
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bistro Piper at The Oxford, located on the corner of William and Piper Streets Bathurst, offers guests a comfortable and enjoyable dining experience. It is open for lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday with continuous service from 11.30am, and on Sundays for special occasions and functions. Bistro Piper has A grade products at bistro prices. Join your friends for a cocktail with Happy Hour between 5.30pm and 6.30pm, where you can enjoy two of our selected cocktails for the price of one. Bistro Piper offers an extensive menu, espresso coffee bar, huge wine selection and amazing views to the Blue Mountains. Bathurst’s ultimate dining experience.2 Schooner Award - Sydney Morning Herald Good Pub Food Guide 2013 Schooner Awards Winner NSW AHA Awards for Excellence - Country Gastronimic Hotel of the Year 2008
Melbourne
“Great everything ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic venue and vibe, super friendly polite staff. Great beer selection. Great menu, fresh delicious meals.

1 Thank Ben P

Port Macquarie, Australia
“Chilly in Bathurst”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is the second time in 3 weeks that I have eaten there. Friends' choices not mine. The menu looks good but both times the food has been luke warm when it arrived at the table. A number of meals are served minus veges and they need to be ordered as a side and quite expensive by comparison. Wine is expensive given that the bistro is part of the Oxford Hotel and tonight's dessert, Eton Mess was pretty much that, especially the anaemic canned strawberries. We sat down at 7.40 and had ordered by 7.50. Our meals arrived at 9.10. There are better eateries in Bathurst.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 52JOEY
“Family Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was so impressed with The Oxford's menu & service.
Firstly the menu was exotic & gourmet with the food tasteful & moreish. I tried something I had never heard of before (which is unlike me - I normally stick to what I know) - spinach, pumpkin & ricotta gratin & it was delightful & did not disappoint. We took our little 3month old girl out with us & I was made feel comfortable when nursing her. The owner was more than happy to let me breastfeed her in an open area on the couch (I did so discretely as to be courteous to other diners) and I was also shown the women's toilet where there was change table access. I was so impressed with the service as a waitress informed me my dinner was ready whilst I was changing my bub. I felt so comfortable at this restaurant! Would more than recommend it to family & friends. Thank you for a fun family outing :)

• Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Shanks for having us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

As a local who doesn't dine out all that often I was in the Oxford and decided that my friend and I should eat upstairs as I had heard great comments about the cuisine. Wow. We both opted for the three course option, and selected as a main, the lamb shanks. Wow. Four days later, and if you ask me to describe the meal I will salivate in seconds!! THE BEST I have had in my whole life, and I have to say the service, quantity and quality are something which I am proud to say that we are so fortunate to have in Bathurst. The sticky date dessert is also well worthy of a mention, and that is from two people who are not usual dessert connoisseurs.... Other meals noticed during our wonderful experience also looked fabulous. I cannot wait to take 'out of towners' up the for a meal....and watch smugly as they also share in a wonderful experience. Prices? Right on cue, anyone who would complain clearly left their frozen pies on the counter at Aldi.... I will say again, quality, quantity, and service...excellent!

• Visited May 2014
Sydney
“Food as good as the menu reads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

If you live in Bathurst and haven't dined at Piper bistro you should and if you are visiting, make sure you make time for a meal here. Menu reads well and food meets expectations. Great flavour combinations, but be warned best to be hungry as serve size is more than generous. Have been twice and will be back to work way through menu options. If you have the appetite, special prices apply to some 2 or 3 course options.

• Visited January 2014