“Brilliant food awkward service”
Review of Cobblestone Lane

Cobblestone Lane
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Loved the goat dish and my guest enjoyed the duck. I am guessing both were local but was not promoted that way. Side dish of beans was the best I have had. Crunchy inside and toasted on the outside. Service was pompous. Trying to be high end French, weird. I found the wait staff to be rude and intimidating. I suggest older local charming women with intimate knowledge of food. The waitress hovered over me as I signed the bill. I recommend this restaurant for excellent food but perhaps prepare yourself in the bar with a drink first. Oh at $40 per main it was too expensive as well.

4  Thank spiceylulu

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My mother and I went for a lovely Thursday girls lunch and were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful atmosphere and friendly faces. The food was delicious and filling. The pasta was devine! Dessert was an absolute treat and the wait-staff couldn't be more accomodating. The open kitchen is a nice touch. This will definitely be a place to visit more often!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Read some reviews and was looking forward to trying Cobblestone Lane. Beautiful building, and whilst attending a work lunch, I'm sure a romantic evening would perfectly suit. The 2 course lunch special was such an amazing deal. The chicken and lentil main was tender, beautifully flavored and presented. The bean and almond butter side fought over by my work colleagues. Lovely range in all courses and cherry pie dessert a hit with all. Well worth stopping in and I cannot speak highly enough of staff. Great menu recommendations from staff, friendly, present and attentive.

1  Thank Berni E
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The food at Cobblestone Lane is of first class the variety and the presentation is top self. I had the Scallops & pork crackle crust, with cauliflower & blue cheese crumble as an entrée and the seafood was fresh and tasty.The pumpkin & almond gnocchi tossed in sage butter, olives, white anchovy & jamon was an exceptional main.

Each member of our party was highly impressed and all of us will be returning

1  Thank Bombers73
Reviewed 18 June 2013

A wine bar, tapas style food and after work socialising will be possible at Cobblestone soon. Watch this space.