“Hungry Jacks to wash out the taste”
Review of Venue Cafe Bar

Venue Cafe Bar
Ranked #69 of 125 Restaurants in Bathurst
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Maybe it was the time of year that i went,(bathurst 1000) but to me that should be when the meals are the best.
where does one start, i ordered a simple favourite of mine being the salt and pepper squid, my friend ordered the chicken schnitzel sandwhich
The chicken sandwhich was just that, a schnitzel with some mayo and lettuce, for something along the lines of $14.
The side of chips were old and brown with a lack of flavour i would expect up the mountain,.
My meal came 12 minutes after his and as soon as i cut into the squid, wow. They had not been cleaned properly and all the insides oozed out. I tried the next piece, hard rubber bouncy and tasted like cinnamon. Scrap that i thought i would eat the chips and ask for a refund.
After sitting there watching my friend try get through his plain sandwhich i had not been able to make contact with any staff. Maybe we should of tried harder, maybe i should of approached the counter,. Maybe. I was hungry and i was pissed. maybe they could of cooked the food properly and not charged $24 for a coke and main..
Off to hungrys i went for 2 cheeseburgers. $6 and yum

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

It wouldn't matter which cafe was in this prime position it would be busy. great location, good coffee, mediocre service and terrible food ! Rock hard, stale cakes, fryer not working (no chips) and constantly get your order wrong .... I'm done with this cafe !

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Had lunch at venue with my daughter, I had a Fetta and tomato dish and my daughter salt and pepper squid. While my meal was only ok my daughters salt and pepper squid was a plate full of super balls , very rubbery, she couldn't eat it. Better of having some pub grub. Other meals I noticed looked a little boring on the plate but the coffee was great. Service was fine , service with a smile.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I eat here regularly on a Sunday and only have had breakfasts so can't review lunch or dinner. Venue can become busy for breakfast on weekends as there are very few options. The location at the newest shopping mall is also a draw card. Staff are very friendly and they probably do one of the best coffees in town.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Another visit to Venue and we left very please.
Sat outside for the first time, it's not really my thing, but it was great.
We were 2 adults with 5 kids!!! Kids kept getting in the way of the wait staff (Sorry!!!) as they are prone to do. Staff were fabulous, courteous and friendly.
Food was great, everyone was happy.
It's a bit on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. I tried something new, completely unheard of for me! Tomato & Feta on Bruschetta, loved it!!!