“Fantastic!!!”

Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Bathurst
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the king beds are super comfy...check in was easy and the reception gentleman was very professional and polite.I had an above average meal and will absolutely be staying again next time...well done to all involved, value for money is getting harder to find but this place is the real deal.

• Stayed: April 2013
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are pleased the rooms were to your satisfaction. And yes our king beds are 'super comfy' We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you next time you stay in Bathurst.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +61 2 6331 4855.

Tony & Donna
Owner Managers
BEST WESTERN Coachman's Inn Motel

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Too tired to drive any further I rang my wife and asked her to find me a motel in Bathurst. I was surprised when I put the address in my GPS that it took me through Bathurst and out the other side to a little suburb called Kelso, about 10 minutes out of town on the main road. I really wanted to stay in town but I was too tired to care. And I'm glad I was.

This place is excellent. The staff were so insanely friendly, and funny and helpful. They quickly brought a smile to my face. I was tired and grumpy and they cheered me up just by being so friendly.

The room was small-ish and a little dated, but it was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was HUGE, and again really clean. The bed was nice and comfy too. Dinner was a hamburger chips from just a couple of hundred metres up the road. And let me tell you, they do THE BEST HAMBURGER EVER. It was sooooooo nice.

I had to leave super early the next morning but there's a Maccas just up the road (I really needed a quick coffee) and a petrol station too so I could fill up, grab a coffee and be on the road in a jiffy.

The cost of the room was pretty cheap (from memory) and if I'm ever passing through Bathurst again and need a place to stay, I'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Geoffreyallan

Thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Tony & Donna
Owner Managers
BEST WESTERN Coachman's Inn Motel

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed at Motel for 1 saturday Night in a Family room 2 x double beds and a single bed with 2 adults and 2 children for Wedding.
Check in was annoying with the "we need to see your Husband as he made the booking" line even thought In-Laws who also stayed at motel were not asked this, wife was able to sign for room receive room key even though husband made booking?!
Staff could/would not explain why the difference manager was dismissive.
Room was on 2nd floor clean, carpet needs cleaning, weird smell at first but disappeared when windows opened?
Beds were extremely poor both Myself, My wife and both children woke in the morning and through the night complaining of sore backs and a really poor sleep, all 3 mattresses spring mattress that groaned and made popping noise when laid on,really old thin blankets and bed spreads really need to get away from the 80's linen look, worst bedding yet.
Bathroom small, staff really need to make sure hand soap pump has hand soap in it, ours was empty?!
For a 100% non smoking motel why do they allow smoking 4 meters from room doors on the ground floor at the bottom of steps to 2nd floor? Yes you do have 2nd hand smoke coming in your windows.
Noise in the rooms are really loud, no glazed windows in this motel yet it faces 2 major roads into Bathurst. Traffic noise tapers of about 8:30pm with intermittent trucks buses etc through the night then starts back up about 6:30am with regular trucks and buses ,there is industrial properties around the motel with heavy machinery.
The restaurant/bar spoken off as a highlight at motel is ONLY OPEN MONDAY TO THURSDAY ONLY- NOT OPEN ON FRIDAY<SATURDAY and SUNDAY.
So no room service other then a small breakfast menu available, make order the night before, nearest restaurants are a drive away so worth the drive into Bathurst for meals.
Parking at motel is a premium when fully booked not enough spaces to how many would be staying on premises.
Would I stay here again NO.
Found better motels in Bathurst after speaking to people attending same Wedding as us.

Room Tip: No quieter rooms here - look in Bathurst itself for better Motels and value
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank uter
Coachmansinn, Owner at Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

In response to your review - as explained to you at time of checkin,
Your booking was made through the WOTIF site which clearly states on site
- PLEASE PUT THE BOOKING IN THE NAME OF PERSON STAYING IN THE ROOM. THE GUEST NAME ON BOOKING MUST BE PRESENT AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT A VALID CREDIT CARD and PHOTO ID AT TIME OF CHECKIN - NO EXCEPTIONS.

. We are advised by these online agents , wotif etc, to follow these guidlines for the protection of ourselves as well as the guest. I myself book accomodation using these online agents and have always had to provide a valid credit card and id at time of checkin, if booking in my name. It is our policy and is not an unusual request from the staff member checking you in. This was explained to you at time of checkin.

The other booking you referred to was not made online and after checking our records the husband actually completed registration form and paid for room on checkin.

If you do have an issue with anything in your room at any motel the best place to report these to is reception at the time of the problem, that way we have the opportunity to rectify the problem. Unfortunately we are unable to try and resolve these problems once you have left.
If we were advised of the The weird smell ? when you entered your room, we could have checked where it was coming from and tried to fix the problem for you.
Our housekeepers check and replace the soap dispensers daily. Sometimes these items do run out during your stay but we are more then happy to refill if necessary during your stay.
I think you may have confused us with another motel regarding our bedding.We have a lot of return guests and have always received great feedback on our bedding. The mattresses you are referring to are only 6 months old,( we have checked the mattresses you referred to and have been unable to find the problem referred to in your review ) The blankets in our rooms are also new, so i'm a bit confused about the comment of the old thin blankets as we don't have any old blankets in any of our rooms.We also have spare blankets for each bed, in every wardrobe if you require them. These are also new blankets. While we do try, we cannot always accommodate everyone's taste with the decor , everyone is different, but we do pride ourselves on the cleanliness and freshness of our rooms.

Our motel is 100% non smoking (inside building / rooms). A smoking area is provided away from the motel rooms.

We do clearly state on our website our restaurant and bar opening hours. As you were attending a wedding on the night you stayed you more than likely would not have been able to utilise the restaurant, if it was open.
As shown on our website-

The inviting Cobb & Co Bar and Restaurant, located on-site, promises a soothing end to a busy day. Our Restaurant is open Monday to Thursday for most of the year. Please check with Reception.

We do offer room service breakfast daily, and as with any other motel, room service orders do need to be handed in the night before.We are a smaller motel but do try to offer a good variety of items on the menu for our guests,
We have quite a large car park with sufficient parking for the number of rooms we have, plus extra parking spaces. We do, however, sometimes have guests with more than one vehicle per room.

We do appreciate our guests taking the time to offer genuine honest feedback regarding their stay with us.
Provoded it is correct!!!
We find the majority of this genuine honest feedback is normally given in person by our guests , during their stay or at time of checkout.

Sincerely
Donna & Tony
Owner/Managers

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Booked on the net using a reward voucher and had no problem, on arrival the staff were very pleasant and helpful, found the room to be modern and very clean, had everything one would expect. The Motel is a good distance from the city center so if dining out a drive is in order, but the Motels own Cobb & Co Restaurant should not be overlooked, our diner there was first class and highly recommended.Overall a great stay and great meal.

Room Tip: Downstairs please
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alex1551
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Hi Alex,

Thanks you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.
We are delighted you enjoyed your meals and have passed your compliments on to our Chef.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Thanks for choosing to stay at the Best Western Coachman's Inn.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western Coachman's Inn Motel in Bathurst. I had such a beautiful stay and it was so lovely to come home to the motel after a stressful and busy day at work.

I stayed in one of the SPA Deluxe rooms over 5 nights.The King beds are so comfortable and the room was immaculate. I am a complete clean freak and this motel certainly met my high standards.

The owners Donna and Tony were so welcoming and friendly upon my arrival and during my stay. It's so nice to see that good customer service is still alive within our crazy world.

I travel quite frequently throughout the region with my business and field of work. I have stayed in quite a few motels and the Coachman's Inn Motel is most certainly the pick of the bunch. It's modern, CLEAN and comfortable.

The free wireless internet, made my hectic working life so easy as I could tap away on my lap top in the comfort of my own room. Very convenient!

I will definitely be recommending this motel to my friends and colleagues back home. I have already re booked for my next stay.

I highly recommend the restaurant on site. The food is just divine!

Thank you for a lovely stay, very impressive!

Room Tip: The King beds are so comfortable!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We were very disappointed in our 'king bed spa room'. Just a king sized bed in a normal room and the spa bath needed re-enamelling. They advertise a restaurant, but of course it wasn't open! The noise of the intersection outside the motel is horrific and to top it off, one of the guests backed into our car overnight or early in the morning, without leaving their details. Although they apologised they really didn't care.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyndsay W
Reviewed 29 November 2011

When you call to book into this motel please look carefully at it's location. Iwas assured by the man that answered the phone and took my booking that it was not noisy. Large noisy trucks and the cars break down both intersecting roads all day and night as there are lights on the corner. If I could include a sound clip I would!When I approached the owner about the noise she suggested that they have lots of return travelers. She also suggested that they do not " hide their location". They may not but I am sure the return guests bring their ear plugs!

• Stayed: December 2010