“The best in bathurst”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I had heard many feedbacks about this resturant saying the best indian food in bathurst but never got chance to try it but finally made it and my wait was worth it , let me start with this bulding , its very big and the ambience inside it were mind boggling , my 45 min stay in this resturant was a fantabulus experience which would haunt me atleast for few days , service staff were really friendly and looked after me very well , last but not the least the food was amazing I ordered goat curry , lamb shanks and cheese and garlic naans , I would say the best curries I had till date full marks to the chef the goat was cooked so tender it was melting in my mouth and the taste was exquisite I would definitely recommend it to everyone I know and ill be back to this resturant whenever im in bathurst thank u tamarin for providing me such a wonderfull food

1  Thank Kasi C

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'm sorry to say that this place did not meet our expectations. Based on the former rave reviews, things have gone downhill at this restaurant.

Let's start with the good bits. We shared a vegetarian entrée platter, which was excellent: hot, crispy and delicious. The naan (one cheese, one lamb) was also among the best I've had. Also, this restaurant is in one of Bathurst's gorgeous historic buildings, which is just lovely.

Alas! The service was just perplexing.

For example, I ordered a glass of wine. I was bought half a glass and told that it was all that was left in the bottle, so I'd only pay half price (this confused the other staff member later when we came to pay the bill). Maybe I should have said no; it was just so odd and awkward that I just drank the wine anyway. I later ordered another glass of a different wine. At no point were any empty or unused wine glasses taken away, so by the end of our meal four wine glasses were cluttering the table!

After our entrees, my companion's plate and cutlery were taken away, but not mine. I used the main course cutlery to eat my main (a disappointingly bland dhal makhani), but my dirty entrée cutlery sat near the empty wine glasses without being cleared despite a succession of waiters bringing other things. My water glass was dirty, too!

We were given two cold, oily papadums just after ordering. Maybe I've got it wrong, but I expect papadums to arrive hot (or at least room temperature) and during the meal.

The problems extended to the facilities. Despite having those fancy multiple-roll holders in the bathroom, there was just a scrap of t.p sitting on top. I had to go and fetch a new roll from a basket outside.

The staff here seem nice and aim to please, but they really need to get it together and work on a more professional operation - especially considering that we paid over $80 for a shared entrée, two mains, rice, bread and one and a half glasses of wine . Perhaps this is a better place for take away meals.

2  Thank Bliffitygibbet
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Ordered a large take away on friday night food was awsome but the order was wrong which we did not discover untill we got it home and the wait was just over 3/4 of an hour a shame as the food was very good and I will not let that put me off and will go again :)

1  Thank happychook_13
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Bathurst has two very good Indian food places, and this one offers very reasonably priced meals. It attracts academics for the lunch deals, and also the take away's are also prepared promptly and are good sized servings. Staff are very courteous and helpful

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very dissapointed with the the quality and quantity of food, compared with what was available a while back at this restaurant. On 20/12/2013, we bought takeaways which were supposed to feed 6 people (as stated on the menu, and which was true earlier). However, on reaching home, we found that the takeaway containers were almost HALF FULL. We had paid for 5 curries, which were in fact 2.5 only. The taste was good, however we felt cheated as we had paid a significant sum for these takeaways, and we felt that we did not get our money's worth!!! Since we had guests at home, we were forced to go to KFC and bring in more food to feed ourselves. This was not the case with this restaurant before! The prices have gone up, and the quantities are reducing. I am not cribbing about the taste, the food is still tasty. However, the quantity is not worth the money you spend. Not only was the overall quantity less in the "half full" takeaway containers, there was more gravy and less meat. We had the feeling that 1 curry serving had been literally watered down to make up 2 servings!! Sorry to write this review, but once upon a time this was my favourite Indian Restaurant (since I am of Indian origin too).