“Cosy, well appointed pub with comfy beds”

Knickerbocker Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

While renovating in Bathurst I needed to often sleep away from a cold grubby house. I have stayed at the pub 2-4 times a week for four months and find it a cosy, warm and comfortable place to stay in the centre of town. The warm rooms have new mattresses, ensuite bathroom, reverse cycling heating and a TV and fridge and when by myself, only $75 including a cooked breakfast. Great value! It becomes more expensive when with family ($140/night for my partner and toddler).The bistro has a good selection of pub meals with good portions. The staff are friendly, there's a good selection of cable TV stations in the bar area and its warm, important during the very cold Bathurst winters. Apart from smokers smoke entering into rooms adjacent to the verandah (which is awful for a non smoker) the pub is the best in town for value and accommodation, I recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Most rooms are similar varying in number of beds. Ask not to be next to the verandah if you hate the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterR502014
There are newer reviews for Knickerbocker Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have been at many lodges and country stays in Bathurst and this is definatly the best out of all of them.
All my friends said are you nuts its going to be loud. I stayed on a Wed and Thur night and did not hear a peep.
Breakfast was huge. Lovely Staff.
If your looking for clean accomadation, with a good breakfast the next day. For cheap
This is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a really good pub to stay at, I have had everything I needed provided for me here. The room has been well looked after and maintained daily by the cleaner. The bed is really comfy, the bathroom is semi modern, fresh towels are provided daily, good heating and there are plenty of power points. The breaky is awesome, that is provided free with my stay. Thanks again

Room Tip: No need to bring anything but clothes :-)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elise G
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed now in 4 different places in Bathurst. I would definitely stay at the knickbocker again. The room we had was compact, bathroom clean a little dated but the hotel is not young. We had a door out onto a balcony which was great. After all we were really only putting our heads down for the night. The breakfast which was included for the two of us was outstanding. The service we encountered very good. Our room was quiet and although on the top floor of a hotel we slept very soundly on a very comfy bed. I will be back - yes it is economy but from a simple persons point of view great value.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a great pub to stay for a couple of nights. Right in the middle of town so you can walk everywhere, with a nice bistro and welcoming bar where you can meet the locals. The room tariff includes a hot breakfast which is really substantial. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable and the staff were really friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Ok it's not the Shangri La but hey it's a pub. And a great pub at that. I've stayed here several times with my husband and many friends over the last 10 years. It's clean, tidy, the heaters work and the staff are extremely friendly. Scotty will make you feel at home every time. On occasions they have some great bands for entertainment too. I've always enjoyed our stay here. I will always go the Knickerbocker for a place to stay when I'm in Bathurst. A great place to get a few friends together for a weekend away. Breakfast is also good, just what you need after a big night at the Knicker!!! Excellent value!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The knickerbocker is a great place to stay for a weekend. The pub has a great family friendly bistro good prices and great breakfast as well. The publican Scott goes out of his way to welcome you. I have stayed at the knickerbocker more than 6 times and each time it was great highly recommended both for good value, location and great food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends