“Meals ok. Venue freezing.”

Chicane Bar & Grill
Reserve with
Chicane Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Bathurst
Price range: US$21 - US$37
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chicane Grill, open daily for breakfast from 6.30 am, for lunch from midday to 2:30pm and dinner from 6:00pm to late. Chicane Bar & Grill features modern Australian cuisine using the best regional produce and quality meats. The menu is complemented by an impressive and extensive wine list. It’s the perfect venue for a relaxed drink after work, a special dinner celebration or a quiet night with good food and wine.Chicane Bar Open daily from 10am until late.Chicane Bar has an extensive range of local wines, boutique beers and unique cocktails. Why not relax on the terrace with a cold beer and one of our morish snacks?
“Meals ok. Venue freezing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Our meals and the service was fine. Unfortunately where we were sitting was freezing. We did mention how cold we were to the waitress and for a very short time the cold breeze above us stopped. However this did not last long. Many other patrons were eating their meals whilst rugged up in winter coats. Others were moving from one table to another trying to find a warm spot. It was too cold to enjoy what otherwise would have been an enjoyable night. .

• Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Delicious dinner, but need attention to detail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had dinner and breakfast at Chicane. Dinner was 5 star. The food was delicious and professionally presented. The only issue I had was that our table was served a bottle of tap water that was full of floaties. I asked for a new bottle. The manager was apologetic but the new bottle of water never came and the replacement glasses were dirty (I gave up and didn't complain). Overall, it's probably a mistake that I imagine doesn't happen often (I hope) - I was happy with my meal.

As for breakfast, the selection of food is boring and the food that was meant to be hot was cold. I went back to refill with hot bacon and eggs and again got a cold serving. So I gave up.

Visited July 2014
Bathurst
“Never been treated so poorly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My partner made a booking online and when we arrived at the restaurant the manager told us that "the online booking does not work". As it was a Tuesday night and the restaurant was not at full capacity we thought it would be no problem to get a table. We could see there were about 7 tables free. The manager was finding it extreamly difficult to find us a table at 7:25pm (our online booking was for 7:30pm). Myself and my partner felt we were a huge inconvenience to the manager. Though we shouldn't have as we had looked at the online menu and we were planing to spend around $170.00. The manager came back to us after we had waited at the "wait here to be seated" sign for about 10 minutes and said "your very lucky I only have 1 table left". But really there were about 7 free tables and no new customers after us. We sat down but we couldn't bring ourselves to spend our hard earned saving to be treated like dirt. So we left. On our way out my partner said to the manager "excuse me your table is free again, I'm not happy with the way you handled this". We left and spent our money at another restaurant and had a fantastic time.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Marpmaw
bangor australia
“Excellent quality and good sizes serving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very nice restaurant in the Rydges hotel situated on the edge of conrod straight at Bathurst. Nicely done with the sunken bar and a very good size. No trouble getting 50 people standing around it. The restaurant is very nicely spaced out. Plenty of room between tables, carpeted and quite so you can quietly speak to people without having the shout which I feel ruins a meal. Quality of the food was excellent as was the selection of wines especially some regional ones which were quite enjoyable.Breakfast was had there twice whilst staying at the hotel and this was quite OK for typical hotel breakfast food, but the dinner menu and food was excellent

• Visited June 2014
“Good quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had different menu to try, wait staff very helpful,very enjoyable.Good size portions,reasonable cost

Visited May 2014