“A Sunday Linner”

Chocaroma Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 123 Restaurants in Bathurst
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Description: Only cafe in Bathurst serving REAL Hot Chocolates. There is a lot more.... Try our New Menu with some amazing new flavours !
“A Sunday Linner”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I dropped in at Chocaroma for a Sunday arvo linner as we are want to do more often these days. It was 2pm & Chocaroma was due to close at 3pm so we thought that we might be served a token meal. However we were pleasantly surprised at the quality service and good food at a reasonable price. The decor is what makes it a cafe rather than a restaurant. ie fairly basic and the food coolers were a little noisy. We had coffee and a plain green tea (served in a pot) both of which were good. A chicken palmy and a chicken snitzel with green salads were both plentiful and fresh. We took away a piece of caramel slice which we were advised to heat up slightly. It was good but I think I overdid the heating process which killed the experience somwhat I believe. Will try something else next time. . This venue would be good for a coffee and sweets which is probably their target market. Overall a good experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Hugo S

Bathurst, Australia
“gluten free treats that are yummy”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

this is a little gem with fresh choices and fresh cakes and biscuits through to main meals. Now open for dinner

Visited May 2014
1 Thank touchy_crab
Sydney, Australia
“Bathurst treat”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Discovered this gem on the long weekend in June while in Bathurst. Great white hot chocolate , great breakfast ad terrific service by the waitress. Will go back again and try dinner .

• Visited June 2014
“What a lunch!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Wow what a great lunch that was. The chicken burger was not only delicious but incredibly well priced for what you get, the hot chocolate was amazing and really good value for money, and the staff were incredibly polite and quick to serve ...... Definitely going to come back.

“Brilliant dinner”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Chocaromas just started doing dinner and I thought if try it out. I had the Prawn Malabar and it was the best I've ever had! The curry was thick and creamy, with just enough spice to suit my taste. There were enough prawns so I didn't fell ripped off, but not so many that it was overkill. Excellent balance of flavours, spice, heat, and prawns.

Their dinner menu is a nice mix of Indian and Australian food, so it caters well to those who can't decide which they'd prefer. The prices were reasonable and because it was the opening few weeks, they had a great special that cannot be beaten in Bathurst. The quality of the food was excellent and the service was very friendly. They certainly went the extra mile to make me feel welcome and to accommodate my dietary needs.

Overall, an excellent experience with excellent food. I will definitely be back!!