“BRILLIANT”

Bishop's Court Estate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 17 Bathurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have just spent three glorious pampered days at Bishops Court whist visiting Bathurst on a buisness trip. How lucky was I this place is truely amazing the elegant decor and style inside the house then through to the beautiful garden. The host Regina created a wonderful atomosphere with passion and dedicated service on returning to Bishops after working all day on a late June cold afternoon it was great to be greeted by Regina who escorted me into the Lounge room where there was a wonderful log fire burning and a pot of Tea!! Luxury at is best love it!!
Joanna

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanna A

Reviewed 30 June 2012

From the time the taxi pulled into the drive-way I felt welcomed! Having never stayed in Bathurst before, I entered the front door of Bishop's Court Estate in awe and amazement!
I was warmly welcomed by Regina who walked me around Christine and David's magnificent Property discussing its history with excitement and enthusiasm. My 3 nights in front of the fire were luxurious. I didn't want them to end! Regina’s endless hospitality and the dedicated staff made me feel extremely comfortable and very special!
Thank you for such a wonderful, memorable experience – I’m definitely coming back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We just love the Bishops Court experience, from the quality of the rooms and decor, to the professional but extremely warm & friendly staff.....Our host Regina just made it a special stay for my husband and I, she just went the extra mile to make our stay extremely memorable.
We will be back and will recommend to all our friends and network.

1  Thank FMA68
Reviewed 28 June 2012

What a wonderful adventure, to a wonderful boutique luxury escape.
Only 200km from Sydney, we arrived on a cold June afternoon, and as soon as the front door was opened we had a truly magnificent stay. The rooms were warm, clean and beautifully furnished. Our host Regina, well,what can I say, she was like our personal Butler/Concierge. I will be recommending to all my friends, family and colleagues to visit Bishops Court.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

First of all, I wanted to say that being an experienced traveler and staying in hotels/retreats/B&B at least once a month or more every single month in a year all over the world as well as in Australia, I have to admit Bishop’s Court is an amazing place. Its perfect location and country charm is exactly what got me on the pictures, prior to booking a stay there and once we arrived it didn’t disappoint. However, the positive just about ends there.

It all began with the booking process – I made an online booking on Monday afternoon for Sat night and called them the very next morning to cancel it because we found out we had a surprise engagement party to go to in Sydney. I completely understand their 14 days cancellation policy but the fact that I called them about cancellation less than 24hrs later after making the booking and being completely inflexible about it with keeping 100% of the fee if I was to cancel it I thought was slightly unreasonable.

When we arrived we were told that we could use anything we wanted in the house but pretty much every single thing was extra – we asked for 2 wine glasses to have a bottle of wine that we purchased at local winery but were told it’s $11 corkage per head! Paying $22 just to have a few glasses of wine was ridiculous, I was never asked this before in any of the hotels or retreats I stayed in. We then asked for a couple of plates and a knife to have some cheese in the afternoon as it was few hours away from dinner and we were starving, we were told “we don’t normally do this” and that it would breach their “food safety policy”…..seriously?! I guess I should have asked to see this policy in writing somewhere. So we had to starve and wait 4hrs till dinner.
The next morning at breakfast the hostess kept referring to me as “good girl” in some strange way which I found quiet insulting being a capable adult at almost 30yo. In the meantime my partner was waiting for his eggs on toast for exactly 35min, after everyone else at the table already finished breakfast he finally got it. We then went to our room to have a quick shower and check out which we failed to do. Well, only one of us was only allowed to have a shower, apparently.
Now, I’m well aware that most check outs are at 10am and most guest house or B&B types actually allow 11am, not once did the hostess remind us it’s almost check out time at the breakfast table or hurry up to bring cooked breakfast if she was in such a rush to get us checked out by 10am that morning. It was 10.30am when I came out of the shower and my partner was about to have one when we heard the knock on the door saying “housekeeping”, my partner asked if he could have a quick 5min shower before leaving and that we were pretty much packed and ready to go after that. Unfortunately the answer was “no!” - I almost couldn’t believe it that when someone is paying $320 for a room you’re not allowed to have a glass of wine, have a snack (even outside on the terrace so we don’t make mess) or even have a shower!

8  Thank thew0rldisy0ur0yster
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Our dear Botannica Suite Guest

This is Regina, your host during your stay with us at Bishop’s Court Estate.
I am so completely saddened by your service experience …. I would like to offer you my deepest apologies!

As Christine and David pride themselves on their excellent service record, I felt extremely honoured when they entrusted Bishop’s Court Estate to me for 6 ½ weeks as they enjoyed a well-deserved holiday.

As the manager for this time and the host to an array of the most beautiful Guests, I respect that our Guests come to Bishop’s Court for a chance to exhale – a time to relax, sit and just be! While many Guests bask in the glory of every inch of the Property, sharing their life with me, some Guests, like yourself and your Partner, allow their Suite to become their Sanctuary. I am very mindful of the Privacy of each and every Guest. Outside of the time we shared during my initial Welcome Tour, prior to our Check-in time of 3pm, I only shared less than a 3 minute conversation with you during your entire stay.

Like all Businesses, Bishop’s Court Estate has Professional Standards, Benchmarks and Policies which all our staff adhere to.

With respects to your call regarding cancelling your Weekend Booking – as you will remember I explained that during all my time at Bishop’s Court Estate I had not encountered a Guest cancelling their online booking. While the Booking Form Cancellation Policy states - 'Cancellations made within 14 days of booking arrival date incur a 100% cancellation fee' - I requested that I discuss your situation with Christine when she returned the following Monday. However, you wanted a complete refund immediately and as I explained, I was not authorised to do this. With this, you decided to keep your Weekend Booking and I reiterated that you would LOVE your stay at Bishop’s Court Estate and I looked forward to meeting you soon!

Bishop’s Court Estate is Licensed – Christine and David are totally dedicated to promoting Local, Regional and a selection of Global beverages. There is an $11.50 Service Fee per person if you decide to bring your own beverage. At Bishop’s Court Estate the ‘Experience is in Every Detail’. Had I been given the opportunity to serve your wine, you and your Partner would have experienced – sparkling silverware, crisp white linen napkins, elegant wine glasses, your wine decanted and served with delicious gourmet treats selected to accompany your beverage, while you both relaxed in the cosy, inviting warmth of our Lounge Room or Library or the wonderful Terrace that your Suite had exclusive access to, where you both could have enjoyed our magnificent Gardens.

Our Food Policy – our Commercial Kitchen is not for Guests to prepare their own food. We are a Luxury Boutique Hotel. I had not experienced Guests bringing their own afternoon snacks as we provide a very delicious afternoon and supper Menu. When your Partner approached me requesting a knife and plate, saying that you wanted to sit in the Lounge to eat dips and cheeses you’d bought with you, I happily offered to plate your goodies for you and serve them to you in the Lounge, upholding our standards of Food Service and presentation. When he didn’t return I knocked on your door and he told me not to worry about it. I insisted on preparing your delights but he said you were going to dinner soon and that you’d wait.

Your Breakfast and Check-Out Experience – You and your Partner seemed very happy chatting and sitting with our other Guests enjoying the delicious Continental Buffet Breakfast. I’m mindful about Guests enjoying a non-rushed breakfast experience and serving in order of Guests placing their hot breakfast requests. As you will remember I noticed your Partner was eager for his breakfast and I let him know it was only a few minutes away, that it was being prepared with ‘absolute love’. Our online Booking Form and your Suite notice outlines our 3pm Check-in and 10am Check-out – I ever so politely reminded your Partner of this as it was almost 10.45am.

I am completely passionate and dedicated to detailed, caring, consistent and professional service and strive to deliver this to each and every Guest. Once again, I am deeply apologetic as you feel you did not receive this.

With my kindest regards …. Regina.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stopped over at Bishops Court the first leg of our winter road trip. Regina was our hostess and she ensured our stay was friendly and luxurious. Regina introduced me to the best Gin I have ever tasted and the distillery is at Bathurst so we dropped by before we left to pick up a couple of bottles : o

I love Bishops Court it's my second stay and I loved sharing it with my husband this time, truly cosy and romantic, like your in a Miss Marple episode. Our fellow guests were great company too.

Thanks Regina for a lovely stay. Marc & Theresa

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful.
Reviewed 14 May 2012

What a fabulous place to get away from it all. Every detail of this beautiful old home was tasteful and charming. Our hosts Christine and David were very welcoming and went out of their way to make our stay memorable.
I would highly recommend Bishop's Court for a memorable stay.
My favourite memory ... listening to the old Gramaphone whilst having pre dinner drinks with our hosts in the library...Gold!

Room Tip: The Bishops room has a lovely big verandah with great garden views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple