“Very quirky accommodation in a central location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

ThinContr...
Australia
“Very quirky accommodation in a central location”
Reviewed 27 November 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed at The Grand Guesthouse in a single en-suite room for 3 nights while attending a conference in Broken Hill. The accommodation has been converted from a former hotel and is upstairs in a very central location in the Broken Hill CBD. I describe The Grant Guesthouse as "quirky" because there are lots of period antiques placed around the hallways. The room I stayed in was an older style with solid furniture and the bathroom in particular looked like it was from the 1960s. The single bed was comfortable, although the bar fridge in the room was somewhat noisy. The Grand Guesthouse offers free wifi, which I always think is a plus, and the signal was quite strong. One annoying issue with the bathroom was that it took a long time for the hot water in the shower to run (about 3 to 4 minutes).

The tariff included a make your own continental breakfast of cereal, toast and juice, with a range of 4 cereals. The breakfast room is the former hotel dining room on the corner and as well as looking out over the street also featured some interesting period photos on the walls. Home made cake in the dining room fridge is also advertised as being available but I only found this on one afternoon. There is also a guest lounge with comfortable chairs, a range of DVDs and some interesting books on the history of Broken Hill.

The tariff I was charged was $110 /night which I think was very good value. The Grand Guesthouse is probably not for everyone, but I was quite happy with my stay and would be very happy to return.

TC

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing