“It what it is”
Review of Dubbo Palms Motel

Dubbo Palms Motel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Dubbo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you're thinking this is anything other than a reasonably priced motor inn, you've got it wrong. It's an old fashioned motor inn. I was happy to see there was a nice comfy king sized bed. I was concerned when I saw the base was two singles pushed together but the mattress was a king and it was comfy. Trust me if it had have been two singles pushed together I'd be letting you all know and I would have complained to management.

The TV was a large new flat screen which was good. I was happy that it was mounted to the wall on the type of bracket you could adjust so you could watch it on either the lounge or the bed. I was excited to see the size of the bath only to see a sign which was place in the middle of the tub stating it was not to be used due to leaking. After a long day a nice soak in the bath would have been brilliant and was a part of the reason why I booked here. I decided not to complain as the shower was a good one with a good shower head.

It is a super modern fantastic little gem? No. Is there 10 other motor inns right next door and up the street? Yes. Would I stay at the Dubbo Palms again? Probably. I had stayed at one of the other motor inns last time I was there. It was about the same, though the location of this one was better and the rooms slightly better too.

1  Thank PepalaPow23
dubbopalms, Owner at Dubbo Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I loved your review! At first I wasn't sure where you were going with it, but it ended up alright!
I'm glad you liked our location, I get a lot of good comments about 'great location'.
Just to let you know, that all king beds are made with 2 single bases. The key to them is, as you discovered, that they have a full king mattress. Our kings are top of the range Latex Beds...very comfy!!!
We do not have rooms that have baths. We do have spa rooms though. One of them is currently out of order. That must have been the room you were in (but you would not have been in there at the Spa room Rate). Had you requested a Spa Room on check-in, you would have been allocated to a room with a working spa. But the showers are good - hot and plenty of water.
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm so confused!! I read some of the reviews and wonder if I'm staying in the same motel.
Soneone talked about a wonderful comfy king bed and that this was the best place to stay??? WHAT???

My room is upstairs as soon as I walk into the room the smell of old hits me in the face so bad that I can feel my self trying not to breath whilst at the same time my eyes are viewing totall ugliness everything is old, looks dirty and smells awfull.

I only stayed here by accident a booking elsewhere gone wrong and I drove in to the palms when it was dark and I didn't have any choice, I'm really regretting that decission.
As soon as you drive in your can see it's awfully bad and certainly is even worse than the photos.

It's not even worth at under $100. I feel like I'm for sure going to be sick the next day, the air conditioner look industrial, dirty and looks like it's harbouring many diseases.

So when would it be ok to stay here? In my opinion..NEVER

If your used to camping or staying in really bad caravan parks then this may be better choice at least you get a toilet and running water inside otherwise don't do it.

Even a budget place as bad as the fountain view is better, I know because I have stayed there.

Room Tip: From my experience just sleep in your car
1  Thank Em B

Thank you for your review because it allows me to explain a few things. The review you read was from a guest who stayed in one of our newly renovated Executive rooms. I'm assuming you booked one of our online specials (you like the discounted price, but want a 5 star room?). You can upgrade to an Executive room (and pay the difference), as well as request a 'downstairs' room if desired.
We are currently working on the inside of our rooms first. Then we will start on the outside appearance. We haven't had the motel all that long, and it will take time. At present, we are painting, and replacing door locks to key-less entry locks.
Just because some of the A/C's are old, they work, and definitely won't kill you! As they break down, we are replacing them with split-systems.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I don't normally write reviews but I just had to let people know how great the Dubbo Palms is! I travel a lot for work and this is one of the best motels I have stayed at.

The free Wi Fi in the executive room I had made everything so much easier and convenient for me. The King bed was latex and combined with the peaceful location, it allowed me to have the best night sleep ensuring I was totally refreshed for my meetings.

The location was also extremely central with restaurants and the city center only a stroll away.

The best and most surprising element was the staff. I felt as though I was really cared for and looked after. They were so polite and approachable, I really got that "country hospitality" experience.

I would recommend this place to anyone to stay, from a holiday to a work trip Dubbo Palms will look after you.

Thank you for such a great stay, I will be back every time I have to go to Dubbo.

Brian

Room Tip: Go for the executive room. They are very affordable and the free Wi Fi, extra space and latex beds a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a glowing review. We are slowly working on doing up all the rooms and really appreciate customer feedback. You clearly stayed in one of our newly renovated rooms which feature ;
Free Wi Fi
Free Austar ( 3X movies & 3X sport channels)
Free Parking
Free Tea/coffee/milk/biscuits
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a lovely stay at this motel in Dubbo. The motel rooms are a great size and we could see all the improvements starting to take shape around the motel. We met the new owners who are lovely and they explained the big plans they have for upgrading the motel. While the room was not super modern, it was clean and warm and comfortable. Our room service breakfast was lovely and we extended up extending our stay for an extra night. Great service and in a very central location, close to lots of eating options and the Main Street. Looking forward to our next stay to see the progress made around the motel. Thanks for a lovely family stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
dubbopalms, Owner at Dubbo Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this very lovely review. We really do appreciate all guest feedback, as we continually strive to improve the property and our service.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

After an eight hour drive we arrived to find previous guest dinner still in microwave and hair all through the shower. Photos on booking site are nothing like room. Had two small children and had to wait for room to be re cleaned before entering. Service was friendly enough however I do not feel she really cared about the state of the room before she had to re clean it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chard87
dubbopalms, Owner at Dubbo Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am the new owner of the Dubbo Palms Motel and really appreciate your comments. I hope you try us again and I can assure you of the cleanliness of the rooms. The decor is dated and that will be a slow, costly program, as we are only onto our second room completely renovating. In the meantime, we remain clean, comfortable and affordable with a central location that people seem to love.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for a night with our family before visiting the zoo and would recommend to anyone thumbs up from us. There was no noise from the road plenty of space for us all and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for this fabulous review! It is most welcomed.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are looking for budget accommodation you found it. Our room smelt like it hadnt been opened in days and the fridge in our room ran noisy all night.
You get what you pay for. The positive being on a main road its suprisingly quite.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Defonbaker

So sorry you had a bad experience. I can't say that I agree with 'our rooms stink'. Thats a bit harsh. However, it indicates that you had a less than pleasant time during your stay. I invite you to return and give us the opportunity to change your view.