“Helpful and Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Countryman Motor Inn

Countryman Motor Inn
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Dubbo
Brisbane, Australia
“Helpful and Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The size of my room was more than adequate and the facilities were good also. The free continental breakfast was good.They truly went out of their way to get my property back when I some things in my room. Overall not the most luxurious motel but served my purpose at reasonable rates.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The rooms are dated and lack light but were clean and comfortable. The service I received made up for this.

I had only booked in for one night but ended up having to extend several times due to unforeseen circumstances. They were very flexible with this as I was unsure when I would be leaving. They managed to keep me in the same room and got rooms next door for other family members when they arrived. Rick & Narelle were extremely helpful and flexible which made a difficult time a lot easier. I agree with the previous review “Nothing was a hassel and they went above and beyond their duty during our stay”. I had some room service meals and I was impressed with the quality of the food.

When I next travel to Dubbo I will be staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Moree, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This would have to be the best experience staying in a motel I have ever had. I have never been treated so well. I felt like I was going to visit Rick and Narelle in their own home every time I went to reception. Nothing was a hassel and they went above and beyond their duty during our stay. We stayed 3 nights for a wedding, and our room was spotless. The meals were really well priced and high quality. Usually alcohol is expensive in motels, but in the resturant we were really surprised. One little thing was the lighting was a little poor, but as they have just taken over recently this is one of the things that they will be fixing first. The service here out weighs any little lighting problem!

Room Tip: Ask Rick and Narelle anything, because nothing is a problem to them.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Davistown, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We spent two nights here for business and found the room very clean and tidy and exactly what we needed for our trip. Rick and Narelle, the owners were delightful and very welcoming. We will be coming back to Dubbo in 12 months or so, so we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ellen B
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We spent three nights at the Countryman Motor Inn over Easter, and found it clean and comfortable - minor irritations like the sticky switch on the air conditioning control, and noisy children whose parents allowed them to run up and down early in the morning - but otherwise was not at all noisy. Would have liked a microwave in the room, especially as many restaurants were either closed or charging surcharges, which I object to on principle. Good value, and a very comfy bed - we both managed to sleep in despite the stray children. A short walk into the shopping area and a short drive to the zoo.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dona S
countrymandubbo, Owner at Countryman Motor Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you very much for your review we purchased the Countryman in October and we trying really hard to improve everyone's experience. Sorry re the other children wish I could offer a solution but sadly sometimes you try but it can be outside your control. We really appreciate your feed back. Happy Travelling and hope to see you again soon. Regards Rick & Narelle
Mallacoota, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 nights in August. Neither room had a window which was most unpleasant as we had to rely on airconditioning and had no natural light at all. We were in the units at the back so it was quiet as far as traffic noise.
We ate in one night and the food was very good.
The kitchen and bathroom facilities were also good.
A little out of the main town so you would need a car if you wanted to go out to dinner.
Our room was clean and quite well maintained.

Room Tip: If you like to open your window make sure your room has one!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank aqob
Sorry for the delay in your response we purchased the motel in October last year (which I know was after you stayed but since there was no response I thought I would make contact) and we are looking at how we can best serve our clients. We are looking into renovations and have started we would welcome you back to let us know how we are going. Thank you once again. Happy Travelling Regards Rick & Narelle
hobart
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

Had 5 nights here recently, paid for by work , so I cant comment on rates, however the room was clean and serviced daily, the staff were friendly and honest and the Owners were very nice people. They said they had just taken over and were working on improving the business. The food was good and there was plenty of parking available.
There was a bit of town noise but seeing that I live in the country i tend to hear every strange sound. It was an enjoyable stay, the rooms were clean and the bed was GOOD.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business