“Great Pies - No customer service.”

Bryant's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Goulburn
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I love the pies and cakes from this bakery and am a frequent visitor to the Centro Shopping Centre branch but I have noticed a disturbing trend of late. The food is still good but the ladies behind the counter seem to feel that chatting among themselves to be far more important than serving customers.

Last Thursday it was so apparent that a young chap came from the back of the cafe and asked "Are you being served" while two female staff members were chatting among themselves right next to me over the espresso machine. My reply "No, I'm being ignored" he replied with an embarrassed sideways glance at the women (who were still oblivious to my presence despite my jibe) "Sorry about that, what can I get you".

Also: I have noticed that some of the cakes, especially the vanilla slices (my favorite) have been sub standard of late, they taste fine but presentation is very haphazard with some looking decidedly mashed.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

While traveling north, up the Hume Highway, we stopped at Goulburn to check out a few Op Shops and low and behold, there's a Bakery with my Name on it... awesome... I just had to try a pie or two. Very nice indeed, just the way us Bryant's like our pies. There were so many varieties but in the end I chose a Steak and Mushroom.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic pies, good cakes, fast friendly service.

Coffee can be hit and miss depending on who makes it, but the quality and variety of pies more than makes up for it.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

When you open the door the smell welcomes you in and you can enjoy a decent coffee and snack to keep you going.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A well known pie shop in Goulburn for many years. They continue to deliver high quality, tasty pies, pastries, sandwiches and coffee. Well worth the stop in