“Great Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Goulburn
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay was very well catered for. The service was very good and the room was great. The real gem is the restaurant run by Rowan et al. He's put a great deal of effort into make the menu different, special and something beyond what one would expect of Goulburn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear HoldenHV,
Thank you for you review of Cascades Restaurant.
Our 3 chefs and their helpers are a talented team.
Rowan has just given me the Spring Menu to peruse. I look forward to eating my way through his next round of creations.
Vicki Rabjohns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Rather bleak looking place. It was freezing cold outside and there were no electric blankets on the beds so we had to keep the air conditioners blasting away to keep warm. This dried the air out considerably so it was difficult to sleep and also noisy. The rooms were clean but stark. Definitely not a place for a romantic holiday

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank AMM462
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear AMM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

With our proximity to the snow fields August is definitely our bleakest and windiest month.

Because the tablelands experience sub zero temperatures we build our units with multiple heat sources - air conditioner, in-wall instant heater and bathroom heater.

Only 15 days to spring when the open gardens commence and most of the frosts have gone.

I hope you can visit Goulburn in the warmer weather.

Regards,

Best Western Centretown.
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a night in Goulburn. We generally bi-pass the city, so it was a pleasure to drive into that lovely country city.
The motel is not young, but has been beautifully, continually renovated and modernised. The room we had was spacious with full cooking facilities available. Décor was quite lovely and supported by a very modern bathroom. I always appreciate the 'extras' in a motel bathroom and this was no disappointment. And even a small courtyard to sit in.

The restaurant is good to visit - an extensive menu at reasonable prices. It is so convenient to walk from room to restaurant, especially on a cold night in Goulburn. Finally, there are other towns so easily accessible to Goulburn, so we may have a family visit with a view to have a few days in the area, but keeping this motel as our base.

Room Tip: our room was in a separate building at the back of the property...so quiet, and probably a newer con...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth M
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I hope we can catch up with you and your family again.

Regards,

Vicki Rabjohns
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of time in recent months. Service good, rooms clean and well presented.

Restaurant small but attentive staff make the difference.

The establishment looks like a 1970's construction job, there is work going on around the side and back of the building on the site, either building a new wing of rooms or renovating the ones already there. Looks like they are prepared to spend some money on improvements.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Bam1748,

Thank you for your review.

You are quite correct. With 70+ rooms/apartments our team of 4+1/2 men is kept constantly busy with repairs, renovations and expansion.

I hope you enjoy our new product.

The Rabjohns Family.
Goulburn, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm a Best Western Diamond Member & try to stay in Best Western hotels wherever I travel. I've been staying at the Best Western Centretown Goulburn for many years. Vicki & the staff always go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Well, this trip, Vicki stepped up the pace even more. When I arrived, Jackie advised me that they had offered me an up-grade. She directed me to room #128 & when I walked in I was "blown away" It's hard to desribe as you can't really do it justice in words. King bed, huge TV, 2 fridges, one stocked up with a swag of mini bar products.
The bathroom is unbelievable. Giant spa beside a window that looks straight into the main living area. Had to take some pics to show my wife, she wouldn't believe it.
As always, the food is second to none. Don't take my word for it. Next time you travel through the area, ring the team & book for the night. "You gotta see it to believe it" Billy......

Room Tip: ask the team for a nice quiet room & they'll bend over backwards to help you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Diamond Member Billy,

It can't be all work on the road. Glad we could make your day.

Vicki & Wayne
Wodonga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the king spa unit. A1 all the way. Spa was absolutely amazing. Loved the marble bathroom and the huge window behind the spa enabling you to see the TV in the main lounge room. The waterfall style tap over the spa was special too. Great comfortable bed with 2 beautiful soft pillows. Walking distance to town if you want to go out for dinner, as we did. Managers very friendly and accommodating. Overall just a great place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear GeminiLeo5861,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a review following your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the beautifully appointed King Spa Suite.

Safe travels and we hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Goulburn.

Best regards,
the Best Western Centretown team
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been to this motel many times because my husband comes to Goulburn for business on regular time. Before we found this motel in Goulburn, we have been to several other ones in Goulburn and felt not happy with. Since we started to come to Best Western Goulburn Town Center, we felt the people working here are very very nice. We often enjoy having a little chat with the ladies there when we come for the buffet breakfast in the morning. The buffet breakfast is very nice, including cooked eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, bacons, vegetables, baked beans, different kinds of bread, fresh fruit, many choices of nuts, and juices. My favourite is the coffee machine. I like the hot chocalate I made in the coffee machine, very nice. My family all enjoy the buffet breakfast very much. My two young children even say that they want to take the train to Goulburn just to stay in this motel and have the buffet breakfast. This buffet breakfast is also good value.

We like this place also because their room are very clean and quiet. The people working there are extremely helpful people. Because I have two very young children, I sometimes ask them to start dinner a bit early for me. The restaurant normally starts at 6 pm, but they can even arrange for our children and I to have dinner at 5pm. Last Sunday I was in the motel and my husband has to go to work part of the day, so we can't leave Goulburn until afternoon. I don't really want to take children out to walk in the cold. I explained the situation and asked the staff there for a late check out to 12.30pm. They very kindly give me the late checkout. They also did the lunch order exactly per my requirement. They even reminded me about taxi and ordered one for me. They are just so so so helpful. I could not ask more from them. They are just wonderful. They makes our Goulburn trip nice.

I strongly recommend this motel to anybody travelling to Goulburn. I know they are very good because they have been very nice to me and my family since the first day we came to this motel. I am sure you will have a nice experience there too. They are 5 star plus motel!

From Alex, Caroline, Anne and James

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed are clean and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Caroline20142015
PropertyManager77, Owner at BEST WESTERN Goulburn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Alex, Caroline, Anne and James,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor, and we are happy to have made your stays with us as pleasurable as possible.

Our staff pride themselves on providing our guests with a great experience, and giving our guests ‘a little bit more’.

We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,