“What a find and what a gem.”

Best Western Goulburn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Goulburn
Sydney, Australia
“What a find and what a gem.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I pulled into the hotel from Canberra after a rather large weekend with friends. I have to be honest in that i was only looking for a quiet room and a bed to crash in. This hotel exceeded all expectations. First of all the staff, really friendly and exceptionally helpful and in my fragile state of mind this was very welcome and appreciated. Secondly, the room! it was fantastic, got the loft room with spa which unfortunately i didn't use but I will be visiting again. Third, the food, I had the duck cappelletti in duck broth with a cheese platter on room service (again, friendly smiling staff) and it was fantastic though i didn't get through the platter and more fool me. I have no criticism of this hotel and will not hesitate to stay again. In fact I'm planning to, as a gateway hotel to use as a base and explore Goulburn and it's surrounds (surpise sydney siders, it's a very interesting place to explore) this hotel is top of my list. All I can say is hopefully everybody reads this and hotel staff included, thank you so much.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the loft room with spa, and it was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WatsonPike
PropertyManager77, Manager at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear WatsonPike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on TripAdvisor; we are very pleased to have exceeded all expectations on your trip to Goulburn!

We are fortunate to have a wonderful team of employees who continually strive to make our guests feel right at home, and your feedback will be passed on to them. A new Spring menu has just been introduced which is jam packed with quality items sourced from local and regional produce.

We do hope that you will travel back in future to explore our historic town, and that you can enjoy a spa bath and our hospitality on your next visit!

Best regards,
BEST WESTERN Centretown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My stay was very well catered for. The service was very good and the room was great. The real gem is the restaurant run by Rowan et al. He's put a great deal of effort into make the menu different, special and something beyond what one would expect of Goulburn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear HoldenHV,
Thank you for you review of Cascades Restaurant.
Our 3 chefs and their helpers are a talented team.
Rowan has just given me the Spring Menu to peruse. I look forward to eating my way through his next round of creations.
Vicki Rabjohns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Rather bleak looking place. It was freezing cold outside and there were no electric blankets on the beds so we had to keep the air conditioners blasting away to keep warm. This dried the air out considerably so it was difficult to sleep and also noisy. The rooms were clean but stark. Definitely not a place for a romantic holiday

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank AMM462
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear AMM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

With our proximity to the snow fields August is definitely our bleakest and windiest month.

Because the tablelands experience sub zero temperatures we build our units with multiple heat sources - air conditioner, in-wall instant heater and bathroom heater.

Only 15 days to spring when the open gardens commence and most of the frosts have gone.

I hope you can visit Goulburn in the warmer weather.

Regards,

Best Western Centretown.
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a night in Goulburn. We generally bi-pass the city, so it was a pleasure to drive into that lovely country city.
The motel is not young, but has been beautifully, continually renovated and modernised. The room we had was spacious with full cooking facilities available. Décor was quite lovely and supported by a very modern bathroom. I always appreciate the 'extras' in a motel bathroom and this was no disappointment. And even a small courtyard to sit in.

The restaurant is good to visit - an extensive menu at reasonable prices. It is so convenient to walk from room to restaurant, especially on a cold night in Goulburn. Finally, there are other towns so easily accessible to Goulburn, so we may have a family visit with a view to have a few days in the area, but keeping this motel as our base.

Room Tip: our room was in a separate building at the back of the property...so quiet, and probably a newer con...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth M
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Ruth,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I hope we can catch up with you and your family again.

Regards,

Vicki Rabjohns
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of time in recent months. Service good, rooms clean and well presented.

Restaurant small but attentive staff make the difference.

The establishment looks like a 1970's construction job, there is work going on around the side and back of the building on the site, either building a new wing of rooms or renovating the ones already there. Looks like they are prepared to spend some money on improvements.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Bam1748,

Thank you for your review.

You are quite correct. With 70+ rooms/apartments our team of 4+1/2 men is kept constantly busy with repairs, renovations and expansion.

I hope you enjoy our new product.

The Rabjohns Family.
Goulburn, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm a Best Western Diamond Member & try to stay in Best Western hotels wherever I travel. I've been staying at the Best Western Centretown Goulburn for many years. Vicki & the staff always go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Well, this trip, Vicki stepped up the pace even more. When I arrived, Jackie advised me that they had offered me an up-grade. She directed me to room #128 & when I walked in I was "blown away" It's hard to desribe as you can't really do it justice in words. King bed, huge TV, 2 fridges, one stocked up with a swag of mini bar products.
The bathroom is unbelievable. Giant spa beside a window that looks straight into the main living area. Had to take some pics to show my wife, she wouldn't believe it.
As always, the food is second to none. Don't take my word for it. Next time you travel through the area, ring the team & book for the night. "You gotta see it to believe it" Billy......

Room Tip: ask the team for a nice quiet room & they'll bend over backwards to help you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Diamond Member Billy,

It can't be all work on the road. Glad we could make your day.

Vicki & Wayne
Wodonga
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the king spa unit. A1 all the way. Spa was absolutely amazing. Loved the marble bathroom and the huge window behind the spa enabling you to see the TV in the main lounge room. The waterfall style tap over the spa was special too. Great comfortable bed with 2 beautiful soft pillows. Walking distance to town if you want to go out for dinner, as we did. Managers very friendly and accommodating. Overall just a great place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
PropertyManager77, Owner at Best Western Goulburn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear GeminiLeo5861,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a review following your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed the beautifully appointed King Spa Suite.

Safe travels and we hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Goulburn.

Best regards,