“Food with passion!”

98 Chairs
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local gem ,modern & relaxed food relaxed environment indoors or out, very neat recycled wood and glass and stone fit out. Lots of veg grown on site and menu changes regularly, good portions and all made to order, love it.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After moving to Goulburn from Melbourne, one of the things I missed the most was the ability to go to a nice restaurant and be pleasantly surprised by the food. But not anymore. As soon as I walked into this restaurant for lunch, I could tell the amount of love that went into creating the space. Everything, from the table to the floorboards was made from recycled materials. When the food came out, I could tell that the same love that went into the decor extended to the food. I had the quiche special, a smoked salmon quiche which had a beautiful delicate puff pastry crust that was complimented by the flavourful smoked salmon filling. My companion had the Wild rabbit, pork belly and duck breast terrine and OMG, the flavours in that terrine were to die for. Everything on the plate complimented each other and presentation was beautiful. The chef came out and spoke to us personally, and you could tell he was passionate about everything he had created. A wonderful restaurant that I could not recommend highly enough. I can't wait to try the dinner menu, it looked spectacular. Best place to eat in Goulburn, hands down!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Delicious food presented well, along with a nice selection of wines.
I love the decor of this restaurant too!
Will be going back.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Didn't have a booking...no problem.....good lunch time menu, a good selection of regular and al a cart, good value, we will be back

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great food which was well presented, very friendly and chatty staff who seemed to love their job and be genuinely interested in how we were enjoying ourselves. Interesting wine list with good variety, chefs kept ducking through to the outside garden and returning with hands filled with freshly picked herbs - can't get much fresher than that!

2  Thank kate h
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Having read a few positive reviews about this restaurant, and having received a recommendation from one of the locals, we were really looking forward to our Saturday night meal here. What a disappointment. It was very noisy and the waitress was sour, bored and looked as if she wanted to be elsewhere. I had ordered the crusted salmon fillet and my husband the scotch fillet steak. You can imagine our surprise when she brought out two scotch fillet plates. When I explained to her she had made a mistake, she snatched the plate away, no apologies and some considerable time later the correct meals were brought out. My husband found his steak tough and it had not been trimmed properly. The kipler potatoes on my plate were very dry and floury, virtually inedible. The menu had described my dish as having greens. I was expecting something like stirfried bok choy, and instead it was a huge amount of ungarnished rocket just thrown on the plate - how uninspiring and lazy. We felt so disillusioned with our mains, we did not have the heart to order desserts or coffee and left. I certainly would not recommend this place.

3  Thank Jacqueline J
stevowalker w, Manager at 98 Chairs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

sorry to see your review, our staff chef and waiter are all sacked.hope you are happier